SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I need some advice comparing two models, namely P226 X-Series Allround and P226 MK25, both 9mm.

I will use the gun for competing in PPC as well as "Precision", "Field" and "Run & Shoot". I want to have an allround gun that have a broad footprint from a competition point of view. What would you recommend?

Second question. Would the P226 X-Serie Allround with fixed sight qualify in a PPC competition for service guns?

Many thanks!

·
Registered
22,028 Posts
I can't help you with the competition rules because I don't compete.
But an X-series gun would be better for strictly competition than a combat weapon like the MK25. While the MK25 is accurate, a longer sight-radius and target sights of an X-series (not to mention the competition tuning) are better for competition. The MK25 is a fighting gun.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
X-Fives are just the superior pistols.

The slide's pretty heavily machined on the All-around for that rear sight, changing that out would be nuts.

My big question would be: is there a reason you're looking to compete with a DA/SA gun instead of a SAO?

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Welcome and take the X.

Reactions: bearone2

·
Registered
21,495 Posts
Both . . . and welcome! :D

·
Registered
55,688 Posts
maybe you'll be able to sell it after all.

·
Read Only
2,668 Posts
X5...seriously for comp!! If uoir question was more like which one to get in general vs each other I would say is money an issue cause X5 =$$$ and MK25 is a excellent cost effective proven shooter also with carry option....But my answer is above based off what you specifically were looking to do in comp etc...X5 and no regrets!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Reactions: 15306

·
Registered
139 Posts
In Europe we use the WA1500 rulebook for PPC, which is a bit different from the NRA rules.

The X5 Allround can be used in Pistol 1500, Open match and Distinguished pistol. For use in the Standard semi automatic pistol category, the gun must be a mass produced catalog item (minimum 1000 produced) with fixed sights, so you can't change the adjustable sights on the Allround with a fixed set. IIRC, the only X-series that comes with fixed sights from the factory is the X-five entry. In my opinion, the Allround is best suited for IPSC Production division; for everything else, a single action only gun (like the regular X-fives/X-sixes, P210 etc) is usually a better choice.

I don't know the exact technical rules for "A-vapen" in field shooting, but I assume that they are quite similar to our "Militærfelt" (at least the closest club across the border lets us Norwegians compete with our NSF-approved guns). For this use, i would choose one of the SA-only guns mentioned earlier.

·
Registered
386 Posts
In Europe we use the WA1500 rulebook for PPC, which is a bit different from the NRA rules.

The X5 Allround can be used in Pistol 1500, Open match and Distinguished pistol. For use in the Standard semi automatic pistol category, the gun must be a mass produced catalog item (minimum 1000 produced) with fixed sights, so you can't change the adjustable sights on the Allround with a fixed set. IIRC, the only X-series that comes with fixed sights from the factory is the X-five entry. In my opinion, the Allround is best suited for IPSC Production division; for everything else, a single action only gun (like the regular X-fives/X-sixes, P210 etc) is usually a better choice.

I don't know the exact technical rules for "A-vapen" in field shooting, but I assume that they are quite similar to our "Militærfelt" (at least the closest club across the border lets us Norwegians compete with our NSF-approved guns). For this use, i would choose one of the SA-only guns mentioned earlier.
Interesting. Here in the States the X5 Tactical also comes with fixed sights, that could be another option for you I think.

Good luck!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts