SIG Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a magwell/funnel for my P226 X5 Tactical (similar to the one seen in the pictures). Black is preferred.

If you have one or have a source for one, please let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
55,678 Posts
this is what you need, not sure if the stainless one will work.

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
I understand all of the X5 needs a spring clip to stay attached, and AFAIK, nobody has springs?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I've been searching European shops for X-series spare parts but since Sig Germany went bankrupt supply is extremely limited. Triebel had a note on their site earlier this year saying they would get a shipment in February but most of the stuff is still not available. A common trend I'm seeing is that most shops that used to have a decent supply now have about half of what they used to in terms of variety of items.

It's gotten to the point where I would advise against buying an X-series gun if you plan on actually shooting it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I've been searching European shops for X-series spare parts but since Sig Germany went bankrupt supply is extremely limited. Triebel had a note on their site earlier this year saying they would get a shipment in February but most of the stuff is still not available. A common trend I'm seeing is that most shops that used to have a decent supply now have about half of what they used to in terms of variety of items.

It's gotten to the point where I would advise against buying an X-series gun if you plan on actually shooting it.
That's disheartening to read but, I think the guns (especially the all steel models) are robust enough to use as any other Sig except maybe for high mileage gun games.

That said, I am toying with the idea of relegating my X5 Tactical to my EDC

·
Registered
179 Posts
That's disheartening to read but, I think the guns (especially the all steel models) are robust enough to use as any other Sig except maybe for high mileage gun games.
Yeah, I shoot IPSC, where you easily burn through 10 000 rounds in a season.
Over two years I've only broken one extractor but even that gives me cause for concern.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yeah, I shoot IPSC, where you easily burn through 10 000 rounds in a season.
Over two years I've only broken one extractor but even that gives me cause for concern.
Yeowch, I've been there. I had a Springfield Omega that was breaking extractors and got two replacements while the parts were still being imported, once Stahl and Springfield parted ways I could not get spares. A friend who was a tool and die maker took it off my hands. Another friend broke his extractor and Springfield was nice enough to offer him anything in their catalog to replace it. He took an M1A.

Scary stuff with unique obsolete firearms and no support.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts