SIG Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an M11-A1 that I really like and like carrying as my everyday CC. I would like to have a bigger version of a similar (DA/SA) gun for occasional (winter) carry but mostly range use. I have considered buying a P226 Mk25 but thought for a grand I am only getting a slightly bigger gun so why not spend a little more and get a really great and significantly bigger gun. Note I do not want a SAO gun.

It seems from an earlier thread (http://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-pistols/23830-p226-x-five-vs-xseries-xfive.html) that the XFIVE is the newer version of the P226 X-Five although SIG lists both models as current on their website XSERIES.

I like the look of the older P226 X-Five version and have no use for a rail but am wondering what you get for the extra $549. The differences I see in the specs are the rail, laminated vs polymer grips, and the XFIVE being 1.4 oz less but I can't see that adding up to all that. Is the trigger/recoil handling on the P226 X-Five just as good as the XFIVE? Are there any other differences or advantages I should know about?

馃帠USA Veteran
not really, it boils down to the rail, if you don't want/need it, then you'll be happier with the older one.

the trigger's undercut on the 5e, which is supposed to give a little better grip angle.

there are 2 on gb now in 9mm with 10 rd mags if you're in a state that requires them & there are also a few in 40.

Reactions: daytwadog

Registered
The XFive is the next gen of the X series, once the current supply of X-Five is gone, there are no more so, do you want a legacy version or a new version that is supposed to have a number of factory accessories available.

For a EDC I don't think I would invest in an X series, it is a target/comp pistol that is far to nice to have it damaged, stolen or taken as evidence in the event you had to use it in self defense.

Registered
I have both models and both are extremely nice. If I had to choose I'd pick the older model especially if you plan to carry. To me the older model seems sleeker without the rail and I prefer the way it balances in my hand. Also it's much more similar to a standard P226.

Registered
The new X5 vs old X5 they shoot the same at 25 yards ? Now that I have my Sig super target, my next gun will be the X5 L1. Then I'm done!!! Really,I'm done buying. I have no more money and nothing to sell to buy a gun with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.