SIG Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a MK 25 version of the 226 and decided adding wood grips would be a nice upgrade. So I found a nice used pair of factory Rosewood grips on eBay for a good price, but without the screws. Did not think that was a big deal at the time. So after they arrived, I discover my original screws were way too short as i did not any of the threaded portion projecting past the wood, so I contacted Sig, and I was told they ship out P229 screws with all their 226 wood grips. After receiving them I discover, the head thickness is different, but thread length is the same. I did find some button head screws with the correct thread that I had to hand fit the length, but they do not have the right head diameter. So, can anyone share the right screw that I need? I would like to see full thread engagement and do not mind hand fitting a screw that is too long. Thanks in advance!! This form is the best!!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Check out Brownell's for your replacement screws. I'm almost positive they would have them.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
When I got a pair of wood grips for my P229 I encountered the same issue. I got me some P239 grip screws and a few o-rings. The o-rings helped with the tiny bit of over length and also prevent the screws from backing out. SIG only makes two different length of grip screws, the short ones for the P220, P226, P227, P229 and the longer ones for the P239.

Reactions: PJVeetwin

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I believe you can also try Hogue's website.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I have the Sig MK-25. I was going to buy grips when on the Hogue site their is a note about the fit of grips for the MK that grips may not fit they give the ser numbers.

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
Hogue has the longer screws for the wood grips. The wooden grips require longer screws as they are much thicker.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts