SIG Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Strictly as it relates to tightly formed kydex mag pouches, are P226 and P229 interchangeable? I understand they are different mag lengths, but otherwise are they the same?

For example, I see Sig store offers unique Blackpoint tactical pouches for each respective model.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I normally use leather mag pouches and the one I have works for both. I also have Blackpoint's kydex 226 & 229 pouches and they are not really interchangeable. The 229 mag is too tight in the 226 pouch and the 226 mag is too loose in the 229 pouch. If you get their one-piece double pouch you can mess with the tension and accommodate both.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I have a kydex one that was just labeled as double stack and it fits the P226 and P229 mags just fine. The one thing to watch for is the height though. I have some mag holders that are too long and make it a pain to quickly draw out my P229 mags.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks folks.

For those of you that have P226's, there are still some Raven Concealment single mag pouches at $19.99 clearance on their website. I wanted one for P229, but not willing to take a chance on fitment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.