SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
20,960 Posts
It seems like one of my SIGs always seems to give me some difficulty. I haven't read about any tricks to getting it in. I just keep fiddling until I get it. Good luck.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I assume that you are trying to install the trigger bar and trigger as a set.
That is you have the trigger bar pin inserted into the trigger and are trying to
install them as a single unit.

·
Registered
348 Posts
You have to be careful, as you don't want to bend the trigger bar in any way.

I've found that I sometimes have to remove the sear, sear spring, and safety lever, and put the trigger and bar in before they are in place.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I would suggest looking at some YouTube videos on Sig P226 trigger installation or assembly/disassembly to see if you can pinpoint something
that would help.

·
Registered
469 Posts
You have to be careful, as you don't want to bend the trigger bar in any way.

I've found that I sometimes have to remove the sear, sear spring, and safety lever, and put the trigger and bar in before they are in place.
I've gotten frustrated and had to do this too.
I've found that i could get the installed trigger/trigger bar combo out real easy (especially if it is a reduced reach trigger) but can have a real difficult time getting it all back installed if going to a larger sized unit.
I usually always grease the entire area the trigger slips through to help move it along, it always feels like I'm "scratching" something if i don't and i squeeze it all together.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did review a number of videos on YouTube. Every example the trigger bar drops right in. Maybe since it's an 1990 West Germany model I'm missing something. I'm getting tried of sending this gun back to Sig.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Sometimes it just needs some wiggling and realignment of the two pieces. I assume it's the back end of the. At getting caught up trying to clear the hammer? Try dropping the bar down further, getting the trigger in position, and then moving the bottom of the bar up.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for the suggestions... I'm going to keep working on it and if no success send it back to Sig (for the last time). I'm thinking it's time to move to a new model.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
The "trick" in reinstalling the trigger bar is to get the bar at about a 45 degree angle with the rear low enough to get under the sear. Once past the sear, the front can then be dropped into place. Some times the fit is a bit tight, so a little oil may help. Do not force the installation as it will bend the trigger bar.

The locking block has always been a bit tricky as well. Good luck!

Bill

·
Registered
496 Posts
I purchased the Trigger 7 and having difficulty getting the trigger bar back in once I replaced the trigger. Any trick to getting it back in or send it back to Sig?

Thanks,
John
Warm welcome from South Florida.

If your gun has an SRT installed, you must remove the safety lever in order to properly install your trigger bar. The vertical long leg of the safety lever will prevent you from installing the bar.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@FLASIG

Thank You.... once I removed the SRT components the trigger bar went right in.

Also, thanks to everyone for the comments. You learn something everyday.

John

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well on to the next issue. After putting everything together, I can pull the trigger and it's working, but I can't pull the hammer back for single action. It seems that only double action is working? When attempting to pull back the hammer it's only a half measure and just falls forward.

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
552 Posts
Well on to the next issue. After putting everything together, I can pull the trigger and it's working, but I can't pull the hammer back for single action. It seems that only double action is working? When attempting to pull back the hammer it's only a half measure and just falls forward.

Thanks,
John
When I changed my trigger bar in an older P229 to a newer 'super black finish' trigger bar, I had the same problem.
Turns out, I had to fit the bar's "nub" on the top of the trigger bar. The part that actually trips the sear (nub) was too tall or too wide (Don't remember which) and not allowing the sear to reset & engage the hammer hook. I stoned off about a thousandths at a time until it worked properly. Polished it & greased it and the action is very smooth now.

I also had issues with double action, the clearance near the bottom rear of the bar because of the older frame cut was different then. This kept the trigger bar from moving fully rearward. I had to remove metal from the frame around the hammer strut hole then cerakoted the frame. This was a PIA but its works perfectly now.

ETA: After some thought, I'm pretty certain it was the side of the nub that faces the rear (hammer) that had to be stoned a little. But please verify this by closely inspecting & working the action before you start removing any material. Good Luck.

·
🎖USA Veteran
11,999 Posts

Thanks,
John
Did you re-anchor the sear spring under the sear spring pin?

Technology Vehicle Auto part

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I want to thank everyone for the help and support. I reinstalled the SRT components and now single and double action is working properly.

The main thing I learned about reinstalling the trigger bar is to first remove the SRT components. Thanks again FLASIG.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.