SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

P226 thinner grip panel screws??

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  bearone2 
#1 ·
Hi,

My name is Alex and I'm new on the forum. I have two P226 from early 90' in 9mm. I was cleaning one of them a few days ago, when I noticed that the grip panel screws (thread), are much thinner then the ones in the other pistol. Both where made in Germany, and both are about the same age.

I look all over the web, including the sig sauer web page, and I couldn't find a replacement set of screws for the grips...Do you know where can I find the 4 thinner screws that I'm looking for??

Thanks!! ..and great forum!!

Alex

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum, Alex!
Contact Sig, or Top Gun Supply. They should know what screws you are looking for. Get the right ones, since the threads in the frame are easy to mess up.

#6 ·
Thanks a lot guys for the welcome!! ...And of course, for the information. It seems that the P226 that where made before the 90s (mid 80s), came with the thinner grip screws. The ones with a serial number that starts with U1XX-XXX.

I will keep you posted! Thanks again,

Alex

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.