SIG Talk banner

P226 Talo Classic Carry

2693 11
I just bought one of the new Talo Dist. Classic Carry 226. It's sitting in layaway right now, but when I went to check it out, I noticed the de-cocker was lower than it should be. I cocked my other 226 and one of my M11 A-1's and both of those sat parallel to the slide with the hammer cocked, or loaded but de-cocked. Do any of you know what may cause this?

I'll be sending it off to Grayguns for the P-PAK pretty soon, so I guess I can have them look into it then.

Seems odd...

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
I just bought one of the new Talo Dist. Classic Carry 226. It's sitting in layaway right now, but when I went to check it out, I noticed the de-cocker was lower than it should be. I cocked my other 226 and one of my M11 A-1's and both of those sat parallel to the slide with the hammer cocked, or loaded but de-cocked. Do any of you know what may cause this?

I'll be sending it off to Grayguns for the P-PAK pretty soon, so I guess I can have them look into it then.

Seems odd...
Before you do any paperwork, test it to make sure it works. It does look rather low but I'm not sure it's not a big deal. Take the grips off and all should be clear as to why it's sitting low

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any update?
It's till in lay away. I went to make a payment, and looked it over again, and it seems to work just fine. When I get it home, and then at the range, I'll see what happens. Either way, this is the gun I'll send to Grayguns for the P-PAK, so I'll mention it to them and see what they have to say about it.

·
🎖USA Veteran
12,077 Posts
Can you push the lever up to a more horizontal position and will it stay there? If so, I would guess that the decocking lever bearing is rotating a bit when the pistol is decocked. Don't think that it's an issue though.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can you push the lever up to a more horizontal position and will it stay there? If so, I would guess that the decocking lever bearing is rotating a bit when the pistol is decocked. Don't think that it's an issue though.
I don't remember if I tried that, but I will the next time I handle it.

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
As Bulljack suggests, a weak spring is the most likely culprit.

I've had a number of them apart when installing P-Shims (for smoother operation). When reinstalling the spring, be sure to hold the decock lever in its full up position to avoid overstressing the spring.

Before springing for a new spring (sorry, couldn't help myself), try bending the spring, open it up some, to increase tension - that'll usually work and no damage done if it doesn't.

Also, when installing the spring, put one finger inside the frame to hold the bearing plate in position, then one can use a loop of dental floss to pull the spring end hook into position to go in its retaining hole on the decock lever. Or use a a small spring puller (hook , as below) or screwdriver tip (as a last resort) - just don't try to muscle the spring over by hand if you are klutzy like me . . . .

https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Double-Spring-Wrapped-Handle/dp/B001EODRS8/ref=pd_sbs_328_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B001EODRS8&pd_rd_r=577WD8ZA1HBFSN7QKVVC&pd_rd_w=UlEla&pd_rd_wg=7bu2s&psc=1&refRID=577WD8ZA1HBFSN7QKVVC

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, NIB. Got it home, and ran 150-HST through it and the decocker worked just fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.