SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was really excited about getting my P226 Tacops. When I got it today, I was really disappointed in the gun case. The gun didn't fit in the case. I had to take a razor blade to it so the gun would fit. You would think that Sig Sauer would take a little pride in their products. I know this is a little petty, but to me it isn't.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I was really excited about getting my P226 Tacops. When I got it today, I was really disappointed in the gun case. The gun didn't fit in the case. I had to take a razor blade to it so the gun would fit. You would think that Sig Sauer would take a little pride in their products. I know this is a little petty, but to me it isn't.
Day before yesterday, I picked-up my second P226 TACOPS. The first case was flimsy, whereas the newest, was robust. Naturally, I didn't buy either for their cases, but for the superb weapons that they are.

I've owned many weapons over the last half century, and I can confidently say that these two last, P226 TACOPS, are the finest, and my favorites. The boxes they came in, are immaterial. The weapons are the key...

·
Registered
413 Posts
When I bought my p 220 hunter in 10 mm the case was busted found the side and one of the latches was missing. I checked the contents and everything was there so I accepted. Sig could do a better job of wrapping their products before shipping for sure by the carriers are also sub par. Not exactly gentle with the boxes.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bought new or used, did the s/n on the case match the tacops??
New, and serial number matched Tacops to case. Just a bad fit. I've since have done a little modification. Plus, I do use my cases when I take multiple weapons to the range. I still love the Tacops. I WAS going to try and EDC it, but have come to the conclusion that it is to hard to conceal. So, I'm back to carrying my P938, and looking at different options. I'm looking at either p225 A1 or a M11 A1, both in 9mm. I'm having a hard time deciding. I'm 6' 235lb.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
All of my cases sit in the back of a closet, but the guns I have all fit in the case they came in. When I had a 226 Tacops I do not remember this being an issue.

Since mine live in the safe out of their cases and travel to the range in soft sided dual pistol holders I never think twice about the case, until I get ready to sell one.

·
Registered
23,611 Posts
I've noticed that SIG basically produces one case for "a P226", for example. And they just squeeze in some of the few configurations that don't fit a basic configuration.

But the worst case and packaging that I've received for a semi-auto was that cheap, crappy case for my G20 Gen 4. I never could stand trying to pack everything they had squeezed in that thing back in there. :D

Reactions: winterwar and SHOOT

·
Registered
232 Posts
New, and serial number matched Tacops to case. Just a bad fit. I've since have done a little modification. Plus, I do use my cases when I take multiple weapons to the range. I still love the Tacops. I WAS going to try and EDC it, but have come to the conclusion that it is to hard to conceal. So, I'm back to carrying my P938, and looking at different options. I'm looking at either p225 A1 or a M11 A1, both in 9mm. I'm having a hard time deciding. I'm 6' 235lb.
Both my TACOPS have Hogue's Sig P226 DA/SA Magrip Piranha G10 G-Mascus Grip, Black/Grey, Wolff Gun Springs reduced power trigger springs, and Tru-Glo TFX Pro sights installed. Wonderful!

Right now, not carrying two, as was my custom when carrying two Gen 3 G21's, but that's next month, after Social Inferiority comes in...

I've always used "big" handguns as my EDC. When you're built like a low to the ground beer barrel, and look like Uncle Fester, folks don't notice you. Chick magnet, I'm not, dammit! *sigh* Being bald does have it's advantages- no need for combs or brushes...

Anyway, to me, the TACOPS is the answer to almost all of my firearms needs. We won't go into the others. Tired, need a nap. When you get old, a nap before getting up, a nap before breakfast, a nap before lunch, a nap before dinner, and a nap before bedtime. Conserve what little energy I have!

The right mindset, the right skills, the right weapon and ammo- no need to ever be afraid. If "too" many enemies, die a happy warrior.

Reactions: Bamm

·
Registered
223 Posts
I still don't like the way it fits.
Mine was the same until I did the razor mod to it. Wasn't able to keep a mag in it until I cut out a space for it. The 226 does night stand watch so the case gets used to transport to the range.

And yes, for a $$$ product, the case does seem a bit crappy. On the other hand, check out the case you get the M9A3.........

-gary

Attachments

Reactions: SeaHawk and sigsrok

·
Registered
11,385 Posts
Mine was the same until I did the razor mod to it. Wasn't able to keep a mag in it until I cut out a space for it. The 226 does night stand watch so the case gets used to transport to the range.

And yes, for a $$$ product, the case does seem a bit crappy. On the other hand, check out the case you get the M9A3.........

-gary
Whoa, that case is amazing!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Yeah, I have several SIG's including a 226 TacOps. Amazing gun, but it looked like it was thrown into a case that the foam was cut out for a different gun. Not a big deal, but when you're spending over a grand for a gun you would think they'd have the foam cut out a little nicer, or just not use it at all. Oh well, the gun is amazing. Congrats!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'm looking at either p225 A1 or a M11 A1, both in 9mm. I'm having a hard time deciding. I'm 6' 235lb.
I'm 6-2 250. I carry a 239 or 229 IWB on most any given day. They aren't quite the same as what you are looking at but pretty close. With the right holster, either of those 2 choices should carry well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.