SIG Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from Utah, just joined. I am the proud new owner of a P226 40 stainless 2005 purchased. Looking at the serial number looks like it’s around 2005 manufacture, at least I think so, U 705 ***. Came with the box, 3 mags, all paperwork, 400 rounds, and an owb holster. Looks to be pretty low round count, previous owner claims less than 500 and it looks like it. It has the stainless steel frame made in Germany and isn’t the Elite model, no beaver tail. I traded a spotting scope for it but really couldn’t find a basis for current value. I wasn’t using the scope and can usually find a use for a steel 40 caliber pistol, I love the round. I was also knocking around the idea of getting a 226 for a while.
I carried 40 in a usp full size on duty for 10 years then another 10 years when they forced me to carry a Glock 22. Now Im issued a Glock 17, easy to shoot but I miss the 40.
I usually look at Gunbroker to see what they are going for, but I couldn’t find one for sale.
Is this a pretty rare gun, I can usually find what I’m looking for somewhere?
I’m very curious if anyone can give me a ballpark of the value nowadays. The previous owner had a receipt from 2005 and he paid $800 new. Is that still pretty accurate? Thanks
Air gun Trigger Line Gun barrel Machine gun

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Surveillance camera Automotive exterior
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
15,058 Posts
The last few I've noticed went for between $900 and $1000. They don't draw the money the Stainless Steel Elites (SSEs) do, I've had a couple of the P220s without the beavertails, that I've picked up for even less... Congratulations, while a little heavier to carry, the extra weight helps soak up the little more recoil generated by the .40 S&W, or even the .357 Sig, as well.

If course condition, and the desire for one helps what one will bring! It's all about supply and demand!

Reactions: SLyankee357

·
Registered
217 Posts
The market for all guns has cooled lately. That said, I saw one sell recently on gunbroker for $850 in short order. If your patient and had good pictures I don’t think $1000+ is out of line if you have an eager buyer.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I see the dimple. What's the significance?

·
Registered
777 Posts
Nice! OP.

I bought mine used in 2013(?) for $800. What a joy to shoot as it soaks up the recoil due to its weight.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
15,058 Posts
Thanks for the information guys. Hopefully I’ll get out to shoot it tomorrow or Tuesday. I’m also trying to source a threaded barrel, anyone besides Barsto making them?
Unfortunately, for a .40 S&W, not a lot of threaded barrels currently. Sig never offered one, and previously EFK Firedragon, I believe at one time did, but currently do not offer any .40 S&W barrels for Sigs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I finally got to the range with it and it is easily the best 40 I've shot, though my USP 40 is a very close second. I just ordered and installed all the grayguns parts, SRT, enhanced leverage trigger kit, hammer strut, and fat guide rod. Yes I love to tinker with my guns. Wow this thing is smooth and the reset is crazy short. Trigger pull is lighter but still heavy enough to be safe. The most important to me is how smooth the double action trigger pull is. My experience with the reset, wow I can shoot this thing fast. This is the best da/sa trigger I have ever shot. I used to like SAO guns for the great trigger but I don't trust myself to disengage the safety in a high stress situation. I trained with my SAO gun for years and I missed the safety once in a very stressful situation, murderer at gun point, never again, da/sa thereafter just one less thing I have to think about. This is as close to perfect as I have come across.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I finally got to the range with it and it is easily the best 40 I've shot, though my USP 40 is a very close second. I just ordered and installed all the grayguns parts, SRT, enhanced leverage trigger kit, hammer strut, and fat guide rod. Yes I love to tinker with my guns. Wow this thing is smooth and the reset is crazy short. Trigger pull is lighter but still heavy enough to be safe. The most important to me is how smooth the double action trigger pull is. My experience with the reset, wow I can shoot this thing fast. This is the best da/sa trigger I have ever shot. I used to like SAO guns for the great trigger but I don't trust myself to disengage the safety in a high stress situation. I trained with my SAO gun for years and I missed the safety once in a very stressful situation, murderer at gun point, never again, da/sa thereafter just one less thing I have to think about. This is as close to perfect as I have come across.
@Free0975 you need a 357 sig conversion barrel

1 - 18 of 18 Posts