SIG Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
P226 Engraved Stainless vs Stainless Elite

Besides the engraved finish and the grips, what's the difference between them? Does the SSS have a alloy or stainless steel frame?

I noticed that the SSS's MSRP WAS (now it is no longer on Sig's website) $1,631, higher than SSE's $1,495, but the variation of actual online price of SSS is quite large, from $1,100+ to $1,400+.

Could you explain why?

And if I want to choose one of them, which one will you recommend? Thanks a lot.

P228 Sherpa
SSS = all stainless
ASE = alloy frame (made to look like stainless) elite stainless slide
SSE = all stainless elite

Whichever you choose is up to you.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SSS = all stainless
ASE = alloy frame (made to look like stainless) elite stainless slide
SSE = all stainless elite

Whichever you choose is up to you.
But on http://www.gunbroker.com/item/651692933
I noticed that the weight of SSS-ESM is 34oz instead of 42oz, so I wonder whether the engraved stainless has stainless frame or alloy frame.

P228 Sherpa
But on http://www.gunbroker.com/item/651692933
I noticed that the weight of SSS-ESM is 34oz instead of 42oz, so I wonder whether the engraved stainless has stainless frame or alloy frame.
Never trust the specs written from some dealer's website. They are incorrect half of the time. Even SIG's website specs on their guns are often wrong.
Go by Part Number.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Never trust the specs written from some dealer's website. They are incorrect half of the time. Even SIG's website specs on their guns are often wrong.
Go by Part Number.
This will be my first gun, I don't know where to know the part number. So what's the main difference between SSS-ESM and SSE besides their appearances?

P228 Sherpa
This will be my first gun, I don't know where to know the part number. So what's the main difference between SSS-ESM and SSE besides their appearances?
Part Number, or Item Number, is the abbreviated code SIG assigns to their guns.
For example, E26R-9-ASE here on the box label:

E = standard capacity
26 = P226
R = rail
9 = caliber
ASE - Alloy Stainless Elite

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, the SSE has the Elite slide (front cocking serrations).
The SSS-ESM does not.

Some online source says that Elite features include an ergonomic beavertail grip, front cocking serrations, front strap checkering, SIGLITE庐 Night Sights, custom wood grips and the new Short Reset Trigger or SRT. It seems that SSS-ESM has all but front cocking serrations. What a surprise!

P228 Sherpa
Some online source says that Elite features include an ergonomic beavertail grip, front cocking serrations, front strap checkering, SIGLITE庐 Night Sights, custom wood grips and the new Short Reset Trigger or SRT. It seems that SSS-ESM has all but front cocking serrations. What a surprise!
But, it has all that fancy engraving.;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.