SIG Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't like the stock grips on my MK25 because I can feel the right grip panel flex and the lanyard loop cutout cuts into my hand. I'd like to replace them with thinner, slimmer grips. I know the G10's are favored, but I'm not spending $100+ on grips. I also really like the vintage checkered grips from West German P226's, but I can't find any for sale and I imagine if I did they'd cost about $100 too. Any other suggestions, be it either slim grips or ones similar to the W. German checkered grips?

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
I don't like the stock grips on my MK25 because I can feel the right grip panel flex and the lanyard loop cutout cuts into my hand. I'd like to replace them with thinner, slimmer grips. I know the G10's are favored, but I'm not spending $100+ on grips. I also really like the vintage checkered grips from West German P226's, but I can't find any for sale and I imagine if I did they'd cost about $100 too. Any other suggestions, be it either slim grips or ones similar to the W. German checkered grips?
I just went through the same thing for the same reasons. Every time I used the decocker the standard two panel SIG plastic grips would flex. I got the E2 grips and replaced the mainspring after some help from great folks here and YouTube. I love that they do not flex, are slimmer, and cost me $55 shipped with the mainspring.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just went through the same thing for the same reasons. Every time I used the decocker the standard two panel SIG plastic grips would flex. I got the E2 grips and replaced the mainspring after some help from great folks here and YouTube. I love that they do not flex, are slimmer, and cost me $55 shipped with the mainspring.
Yea I've been reading about the E2 grips, and besides their aesthetic appearance they seem like everything I'm looking for. Where did you find them for $55 shipped with the installation kit? Everywhere else I've looked has been $65+

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Yea I've been reading about the E2 grips, and besides their aesthetic appearance they seem like everything I'm looking for. Where did you find them for $55 shipped with the installation kit? Everywhere else I've looked has been $65+
PM'd.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,048 Posts
Marcus99, the original checkered grips would require the original metal seat mainspring assembly with the pinned strut, I believe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.