SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
Two DM Bullard BTB holsters (Beteeen The Belt) Belt goes thru the slot and holster is between your belt and your pants. It works great with the 938 and NOT AT ALL!!!!!!!! with the 226. Just too much iron, gun and belt stick out like a growth on your side, and a big huge gap on either side as the belt comes back to meet your waist. Live and learn. I would have trouble putting this 226 in a kydex holster, tho I do have several and use them with other firearms. Might be fine, just my hang up.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Dude you bought a Scorpion. It is compete. I'd say a few extra mags is all you really need and lots of ammo.

What size ammo do you recommend? Is heavier ammo necessarily better? I understand the springs are stiff and lighter ammo might not be as effective. But I've also heard that doesn't matter and the sig will eat anything I put through the barrel.

Do you have a brand or type of holsters you recommend for something this size?
It depends... if you have permit to carry concealed or not. If not, and you can only carry openly, then I would suggest a paddle holster, and a safe in your vehicle, in case you tread where firearms aren't welcome.

The first 2 pictures are of an older G-Code Kydex paddle holster, the second 2 pictures are of the Sig Tac paddle holster I have to carry my 2 P226s.

You could also consider something like the Blackhawk SERPA holster, which is also available in Coyote Tan... BlackHawk CQC SERPA Holster Matte Finish w/ Belt loop and Paddle FREE SHIPPING

It comes with both a paddle, and belt loop. Some trainers won't allow them, as there have been several incidents where the shooter, releasing the gun from the holster, tends to insert his/her finger into the trigger guard upon clearing the holster, because of the position of their finger, and have caused an un-intended discharge.

Attachments

What size ammo do you recommend? Is heavier ammo necessarily better? I understand the springs are stiff and lighter ammo might not be as effective. But I've also heard that doesn't matter and the sig will eat anything I put through the barrel.
I would start out with some 124 grain or 147 grain, to break it in. Get a case of 1000 rounds, that should take care of breaking it in. What ever you decide to use for serious purposes, try to use their equivalent full metal jacket ammunition for training.

Living in California, I 'm not sure if there any restrictions on what you can fire or not. I would listen to fellow Californians as to what may be required, such as Total Metal Jacketed bullets, so "lead" can't contaminate the countryside!

Reactions: M1sterE
Discussion starter · #27 ·
I would start out with some 124 grain or 147 grain, to break it in. Get a case of 1000 rounds, that should take care of breaking it in. What ever you decide to use for serious purposes, try to use their equivalent full metal jacket ammunition for training.

Living in California, I 'm not sure if there any restrictions on what you can fire or not. I would listen to fellow Californians as to what may be required, such as Total Metal Jacketed bullets, so "lead" can't contaminate the countryside!

How can one identify if it's good

I assume you mean to use... I'd check with the range you are planning to shoot at, they should know of any restrictions. If there isn't any restrictions, then get what you want to shoot. Googling California ammunition regulations, I guess the "lead free" requirements were for hunting, in the "Condor" zones initially.

Try Products listed in 9 mm HANDGUN AMMUNITION

Reactions: M1sterE
excellent pistol I have had mine since they 1st offered them have shot it so much and done so much dry fire and double tap draws I have worn some of the Cerakote off (due to Kydex Holster) I wear the wear with honor

You will be pleased for sure

Discussion starter · #31 ·

Why use 124 grain instead of 115? It's so much cheaper to use 115 when I can't hit the target anyway

Discussion starter · #32 ·
I've shot my 1000 rounds. Looks like I'm enjoying the speed and accuracy aspect of shooting after I've shot my 1000 rounds. Thanks for the tip I'm pretty bummed out the LCI already broke. I'm just waiting for the mag disconnect to do the same.

Welcome fellow Californian (I assume). Soon it will take less time to make a human baby than a handgun purchase here.

226 is great, I love them to death. Go binge watch hickok45 on youtube and cry yourself to sleep 9 times.

Why use 124 grain instead of 115? It's so much cheaper to use 115 when I can't hit the target anyway
Pistol preference. I seem to get less muzzle flip and better accuracy with 124 gr than 115. I use Fiocchi normally, but I just got some American Eagle for about $11 a box.

Tl;Dr Some guns just shoot different grains better

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.