SIG Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hope everyone is doing well. I went to lgs and as I'm in there holding every sig in the store the guy who works there says I may have some room on that one. I was holding a USP when he said that. I asked him if that only applies to the USP and he says nope. Darn near everything in the store. It's not a huge store but they have tons of inventory packed into this little place. They claim over 4,000 guns in stock and I definitely believe them. I've bought a few guns from them over the past year and was never told this before so my interest was peaked. I gave the USP back and said let me see the SAO Legion. Holding it for about 3 seconds with that shipping oil running all over my hands I felt that inner connection that I think only us sig owners feel. He punched a few numbers in the computer and said I'll do $975 on it. I couldn't believe it. I've learned over the years too leave my wallet and never walk in the gun store with it. I definitely regretted this decision this day. I handed it back to Bernie and said let me think about it. I got in my truck and listed my DA/SA on armslist for $1025. It still looks practically new with only approx 600 down range. I couldn't really sleep that night trying to figure a way to work the money out. Got up the next morning and had a message from a guy asking would I take $975 for my legion. Met up with him within the next few hours and got the money. Went in lgs and walked out with a brand new unfired SAO for what I just sold my used DA/SA $975 out the door. I can't wait to take her to the range today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sounds like it was meant to be. Congratulations. Care to tell us more why you wanted a SAO instead of a DA/SA? I'm a new guy and haven't read a lot of opinions either way.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely love my DA/SA but a few weeks ago at the range I shot the SAO and couldn't stop thinking about it. My wife and kids shoot too and have issues with the 1st DA pull so I'd pull the hammer back for them. Just like the fact they can manipulate it better and don't have too wait on me to help. Plus that flat trigger just feels right. I guess to each his own and either one is a fine weapon.

Reactions: bearone2

·
Registered
740 Posts
I own both, a DA/SA and SAO. If I had to sell one, I would keep the SAO. The trigger in the SAO is incredible, even more so since I installed a Wolff 17lb mainspring. I shoot the SAO much better that the DA/SA, even though I have put many more rounds through the DA/SA.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just went to the range and put 225 rounds of 147 lawman down range. It's amazing. That's one sweet trigger. I put another 128 rounds of the same ammo through my p225-a1 and 84 through my p938 and I've gotta say lawman is definitely my favorite ammo as well. It shoots hard and extremely clean. There's not munch anything better than a mid 70's day on the outdoor range shooting some fine ammo through the best pistols made imo. Thankful for God, country, sig sauer. Also thankful I live in a state that does not have mag capacity laws, waiting periods on gun purchases, and a list with only a few weapons to choose from. I hear it from one of my Buddy's in Cali about all the mess he goes through to enjoy his rights as an American. We're all very blessed to have these freedoms and I am extremely grateful for them.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Congrats on your purchase! You're right. That 'love at first grasp' kicks in.

Wow, that's an amazing deal. I just paid $1199 for mine, then took 2 people to the range with me on different occasions and had them try it too. They both want one now! Lol!!

Did you get the limited capacity mags (10 rds) or the high cap (15 rds)? Mine came with 15 rds though the store was about to sell me the kit with 10 rds before asking why not 15.

If the store you got yours at is willing to ship FFL to FFL, tell them they have another sale! I know 2 people who want the SAO BADLY (15 rd kit).

Thanks!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
They sell a lot on GunBroker so they're absolutely in the shipping business. Their prices on GunBroker isn't inline with what I paid. I'm pretty sure a phone call to them would answer that question rather quickly. The name of the store is Nichols's Supply and it's located here in central Alabama. Mine absolutely is the 15 round mags. You won't find many 10 round mags around here if a 15 is available for the firearm lol. I know they had one more 9mm in SAO and DA/SA is 9mm, .40, and .357. They offered me a MPX (the long tactical version) with adjustable stock already on it for $1,400 out the door. I'm gonna go by and try to get it tomorrow. I've been sweet talking the wife all weekend and I think she's pretty much gave in to my southern charm haha. Anyways give them a call and talk to Bernie at the gun counter with all the business they do on GunBroker I'm pretty he's willing to make a ffl shipping deal.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My bad. The name of the store is Nichols Outfitters. I obviously have no affiliation with them if I can't even get the name right haha

·
Registered
245 Posts
I bought a P226 SAO Legion about a month ago from Gulf States Dist. down in Gulf Shores Al. They had them for $999.00 + $40 NDA shipping.

I had sold all my hammer fired guns over 10 years ago and went to striker fired only do to the same trigger pull from first to last round. I helped a guy sight in his P226 Elite RX and new I had to have a Sig P226. While researching the P226 series I stumbled upon the Legion and then onto the SAO. Did a little more research on the Legion SAO and decided that's the one I want.

I did not know that it came with a flat trigger, somehow I missed that when I was reading about them. After shooting it I knew I made the right decision. I even bought a flat trigger for my P320 and I'm going to have Robert Burke do a action job on my P320rx and have a flat trigger installed in that one as well.

Just an FYI Mec-Gar magazines make a 18 round magazine with the nice plastic magazine base for the P226 and they fit in the gun just like the 15 rounders. These are not extended magazines, they have a shorter follower inside the magazine to allow for the 3 additional rounds. I bought 4 of them for my P226 shipped to my door for less than $100.00

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Congrats!

I think anyone who ends up shooting that Legion SAO is impressed--it is one gun you must actually fire to appreciate. Simply dry firing it in a store does not tell the whole story.
I love mine. I did have to have my front sight adjusted but other wise has ran perfect for,,,, gosh,,,, 2-3 thousand rounds.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
To shoot this SAO is hard to put into words. It definitely shoots way better than me. When I had my da/sa legion I could shoot lights out most of the time except for that 1st pull. That long heavy da pull gets me every time. It's not as bad on my p225-a. I can normally put that 1st bullet where I want it.
Thanks for the info on the 18 rd mecs sigfan320rx. It's amazing how quickly one can go through 15 rounds in the Legion. A few more mags is definitely the way to go. Btw I'm sure you have seen it but the new 320x-carry
Is my next purchase. I did the preorder already and can't wait too get that pistol to the range. It's gotta be one of the finest looking firearms I've ever seen. I read where people are basically saying it's a gimmick pistol because of the beaver tail on a striker fire. I could careless too be honest. It looks great.
It does t take long to get the Sig stable filling up. I'm picking my MPX up today. My stable will by the end of today consist of MPX, P226 Legion, P229 combat, P225-a, P938 equinox, p250, and as soon as my 320 x-carry comes I think I'll take a little break from buying before my wife leaves me lol. I love my few Sig's but definitely don't wanna be sleeping with them. One or two on the nightstand is close enough haha! Take care guys and gals and have a blessed day.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts