SIG Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Recently bought a case of this Fiocchi 9mm 115 grain FMJ on sale and took it to the range with my 1 year old 226 that has less than 1,000 rounds through it.

Experienced NUMEROUS failure to feed issues (like maybe 25-30 rounds of my 200 rounds shot) and failure to lock open slide, which makes me think the ammo is seriously under-powered. I also noticed lots of unburnt powder coating the gun afterwards.

I've not had any issue with other ammo, and it happened on both my factory and after-market mags. I'm confused as I've been told that the Fiocchi is reasonably good ammo.

Has anyone had a similar experience with Fiocchi ammo?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have had nothing but great results over the last 20 years. it is always possible that a bum lot gets thru though for any ammo brand. get with the people you bought it from, they might exchange it and send it back. Worth a try.

·
Registered
11,385 Posts
I have used Fiocchi .380 FMJ, in my PPK/S and lately with my new P238 with no problems for past 3 years. Walther recommends Fiocchi ammo to break in PPKs. Their shotgun shells are second to none in Trap shooting. Old time ammo company.

Really surprised that ammo gave you trouble.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Having fired many tens of thousands of rounds of 9mm 115 grain FMJ Fiocchi, my experience with the ammunition is exactly the opposite of yours and in fact the 115 grain Fiocchi the only 9mm FMJ (not their CMJ) range ammunition I buy anymore.

It functions perfectly and is very accurate in all of my 9mm pistol's including my German made X-Fives.

I can't even remember my last stoppage.

I shoot quite a bit of their .45 ACP 230 grain FMJ as well with excellent results.

Maybe you've gotten a bad case?

Fiocchi is good ammunition.

Edited: it could be a problem that has arisen and which your pistol hasn't exhibited before.

Buy a box or two of something else and see if the problem remains present which would point to a gun, rather than an ammunition problem.

Give your magazines a good cleaning and check them for function as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.