SIG Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some help/feedback on the MK25 P226. Purchased in Feb 2014 from Rural King. UPC on the box is dated 8/19/13, with a SN # UU7926XX. I checked another MK25 at the store and it showed the same characteristics.

The siglite sights are dim, very dim. In complete blacked out room, they barely glow. They are clean, and alcohol & q tip is not the solution. Most stock sights are crappy, but for a MK25 you would think sights would be good and fresh.

Is Sig customer service awesome? Or just save $120 and a headache and buy some aftermarket sight.

I appreciate all input, and apologies on the negative first post.

·
Registered
9,140 Posts
Contact Sig. Something is wrong with them. I had bought a new 238, and one of the sites was dim. They promptly took care of it. Call them.
Otherwise, the Siglites are a good product, and Sig service is good. Save your $120 and buy ammo. Sig will fix them.

By the way, cleaning them won't help. They are tritium, and the glow is produced by radioactive decay. So, either they glow, or they don't.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
55,068 Posts
send it back, i've got siglites on various sigs going back to '09 that are still bright.

welcome from az

·
Registered
650 Posts
My MK25 sights are bright enough to light the inside if my night stand draw! Send it back. And, welcome to the forum.

·
Administrator
35,193 Posts
Welcome from PA! Siglites are among the best, something is wrong, call customer service and get them replaced.

·
Registered
21,384 Posts
Either yours has sites that had been sitting on shelves for years before installation and they are well past their original half-life. Or they could have been cracked and leaked tritium.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts