SIG Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Banned
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Photos of your guns and serial numbers please. Lets see how many of the 2000 made are in the hands of this forum's members. Here is my example, ser # NSW 013X;

·
Banned
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
103 Posts
New member of the NSW club! Ive been hunting for a year and finally found one. I just won a gunbroker auction and sent out my money order. The gun was just listed as a navy and didn't mention the NSW serial number but I could make it out in the pics!

Pics to follow when she arrives. Im excited and nervous at the same time. I found the auction kinda late and didn't have time to ask the seller for details.

·
Banned
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very nice! Congrats. Kinda hard to believe that the members of this forum only have three of the two thousand made......

·
Registered
103 Posts
I spent some time admiring my new gun yesterday. I noticed what appears to be a proof mark on the barrel lug ( circled P). Is this something SIG did on all pistols of that era or is it specific to the Navy model?

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
I'd be happy to join the club with some help!!

Have to wait until next year though. My budget is exhausted due the the SSE expiration here in CA.

·
Registered
15,446 Posts
Photos of your guns and serial numbers please. Lets see how many of the 2000 made are in the hands of this forum's members. Here is my example, ser # NSW 013X;

What is the Difference? Why ?
I've seen several with the Anchor
at some recent GSs plus there was one
at the Sig Day I went to a while back.
Neither Sig Rep mentioned anything about
an NSW Serial #

·
Banned
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
What is the Difference? Why ?
I've seen several with the Anchor
at some recent GSs plus there was one
at the Sig Day I went to a while back.
Neither Sig Rep mentioned anything about
an NSW Serial #
This is a good synopsis of the P226 history;
SIG Sauer P226 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From the above article;

P226 Navy
U.S. Navy SEAL teams started using the SIG P226 in the 1980s, after German Kampfschwimmer tested them successfully.

The first Naval Special Warfare inspired P226 pistols to be offered to the public were the NSW Commemoratives, issued in early 2004. The SIG P226-9-NAVY is a version of the SIG P226 that is produced that features a stainless steel slide engraved with an anchor to designate them as Naval Special Warfare pistols. SIGARMS raised $100,000 for the Special Operations Warrior Foundation through the sale of these NSW serialized pistols. The pistol bearing serial number NSW0001 was sold during a live auction on the nationally syndicated Laura Ingraham radio show for an additional $25,000. Later produced commercial versions added a universal rail for accessory attachments while retaining the anchor of previous models, but do not have the SIGLITE Night Sights.

P226 MK25
Released in 2011, the MK25 has been advertised by SIG as being identical to firearm carried by the U.S. Navy SEALs. Features that help identify it amongst other P226 variants include the silver anchor and UID identification label on the left side of the pistol, as well as a mil-spec picatinny rail. Although cosmetically similar to the Navy model, the MK25 features an anti-corrosion coating applied to all external and internal surfaces, as well as SIGLITE Night Sights.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
I was stationed at SDVT-1 IN hawaii in 2007, and they were trying to get me to buy into a commemorative edition P226. I was definitely a newbie to Sigs, and blew it off. I wonder if that time frame it was a special edition too.

·
Registered
15,446 Posts
This is a good synopsis of the P226 history;
SIG Sauer P226 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From the above article;

P226 Navy
U.S. Navy SEAL teams started using the SIG P226 in the 1980s, after German Kampfschwimmer tested them successfully.

The first Naval Special Warfare inspired P226 pistols to be offered to the public were the NSW Commemoratives, issued in early 2004. The SIG P226-9-NAVY is a version of the SIG P226 that is produced that features a stainless steel slide engraved with an anchor to designate them as Naval Special Warfare pistols. SIGARMS raised $100,000 for the Special Operations Warrior Foundation through the sale of these NSW serialized pistols. The pistol bearing serial number NSW0001 was sold during a live auction on the nationally syndicated Laura Ingraham radio show for an additional $25,000. Later produced commercial versions added a universal rail for accessory attachments while retaining the anchor of previous models, but do not have the SIGLITE Night Sights.

P226 MK25
Released in 2011, the MK25 has been advertised by SIG as being identical to firearm carried by the U.S. Navy SEALs. Features that help identify it amongst other P226 variants include the silver anchor and UID identification label on the left side of the pistol, as well as a mil-spec picatinny rail. Although cosmetically similar to the Navy model, the MK25 features an anti-corrosion coating applied to all external and internal surfaces, as well as SIGLITE Night Sights.
Thanks for the Explanation .
I'll look for that the next times I see one with an anchor.
Maybe I will get lucky.

·
Banned
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
sheesh....didn't know about this one...another must have...the list grows!
The SiGness never ends. I just bought four guns in the last month;

New P226mk25 desert
NIB Browning BDA .45 (earliest P220)
LNIB P220 ( early Exeter production; railed with internal extractor)
Mint P226 (early Exeter production with rail and short extractor)

Btw.. That is one hell of a good looking German Shepard Dog you have in your avatar!!

Reactions: TWISTED

·
Banned
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
What is NWS? I have a classic German P226, does that count?
Sorry, you transposed those letters, it should be NSW ("Navy Special Warfare" Command) which is the command that the SeAL teams fall under in the US Navy.

Please read my earlier post that discusses the differences between the NSW guns versus the mk25 guns.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.