Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Sig people,
I just traded for this pistol from a local gun show and hoping to find out if it's more or less valuable than an anchor marked piece because of the USMC insignia that appears as if it's factory addition ? It's definitely a mk25 special configuration from sig based on tags and labels on box, it has a 1913 rail, NS,
And rosewood sig grips. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
23,605 Posts
Any other markings, like a unit insignia?

SIG makes custom-order commemorative pistols with a relatively small production order. You usually see them commemorating a military operation or deployment of a unit. I've never seen one with just a USMC insignia. But it could have been a similar type of order.

Nice pistol.

Reactions: TimInGeorgia

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the response,

No , curiously it has no other related markings and it's one of the 2013 production units shipped from factory without its mk25 anchor on left side of slide. The dealer I traded with for the pistol didn't even know it was a mk25, that was funny because the original tag was in the box under the foam.

Thanks,

·
Registered
496 Posts
This is a close up of the USMC insignia on right side of slide.
That is a cool one. never seen it before. Looks as if it is laser engraved.
I WONDER WHY IT IS ON THE RIGHT SIDE. The MK25 has the anchor on the left side. Never the less, it is a nice find. Enjoy it specially if you were in the Marines.

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
That's pretty cool.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
What GBIA said.
+1.

I've got an ex-SEAL buddy who has a commemorative 1911 that his unit (Team 4) ordered for themselves.

It's a Para Ordnance (I know, I know), but SIG will do the same.

Reactions: TimInGeorgia

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm going to email Sig a picture with serial and see if they can tell me anything about the engraving and that will narrow it down the possibilities.

Thanks for the responses !

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.