SIG Talk banner

Preference/Recommendation

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Sig M-18
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own an M-18, and have been thinking of picking up a P226 MK25. Any suggestions if I should go P226 MK25 or XFive Legion...

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
I own both. If you are interested in a game gun, the X5 is the way to go. Otherwise, the P226 without a doubt.

Reactions: DrgSigM18

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
Bought my MK-25 this January. A superb pistol. Got the threaded barrel for it too...

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
I was thinking about it, not sure I want the red dot though. I would carry it periodically. Its up there in my choices next for the collection.
The main reason I asked.. Is to gauge what you’re looking for. The p226 Mk 25 is just a P226 with fancy coatings in it that the Navy wanted. It’s really a basic pistol with Siglite sights.. Meh.. not worth the extra money over a standard P226. The novilty of owning a gun similar to what the seals use.. well that’s it’s main selling/marketing point.

The X 5 Legion is a very different pistol and has allot of built in upgrades. Also the Legion P226 has allot of added upgrades. If you are price compare shopping they are two very different pistols for similar money.

What exactly are you wanting out of either pistol that has you considering them?

My point of reference is that of a person that owns several P226 pistols and only had a basic P320 carry.

·
Registered
Sig M-18
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The main reason I asked.. Is to gauge what you’re looking for. The p226 Mk 25 is just a P226 with fancy coatings in it that the Navy wanted. It’s really a basic pistol with Siglite sights.. Meh.. not worth the extra money over a standard P226. The novilty of owning a gun similar to what the seals use.. well that’s it’s main selling/marketing point.

The X 5 Legion is a very different pistol and has allot of built in upgrades. Also the Legion P226 has allot of added upgrades. If you are price compare shopping they are two very different pistols for similar money.

What exactly are you wanting out of either pistol that has you considering them?

My point of reference is that of a person that owns several P226 pistols and only had a basic P320 carry.
A good friend of mine that moved to GA about 4-5 years ago is an ex Seal. I’ve trained with him, and he got me into Sigs. I loved firing his 226 in comparison to my M&P 9. I always went M&P in the past. He has 2 or 3 brand new 226s and I’m trying to get him to give me a price to buy one and he never does so I’m contemplating my next move.
I saw someone on Gunbroker has one of the first 3000 M17s sent to the military for testing for sale. Thought that might be an investment but who knows.
I grew up in NY so no guns. Moved to Florida and I’m like a kid in a candy shop for the last 5 years. Definitely an expensive hobby but love it.

I bought my dad his first firearm for his 70th birthday 2 weeks ago, got him the 365X to carry.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Like I said, I own several P226s. Please understand I like them but I also know the differences very well between each model and pick and choose what I want. If you want a P226 get the best offered and for the money get added benefits. If your friend already has Mk25 pistols get something different.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Poll says Preference/Recommendation.

My Preference is for the Two Twenty Six, I've spent a lot of money trying to like my 320 but it's just outside of my top 5 list.

You also asked for suggestions.

Shoot them both and buy the one you like more.🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would get the MK25. P226 is tied between 1st and 2nd place for me. I love the 1913 rail over the sig rail. All I added was the SRT trigger and a light. The p320 never did it for me, I do carry a p365xl though. I’m not some polymer hater, just P226 is one hell of a pistol with great history to back it up.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Man I can't recommend what I prefer because I don't know what it's for...
I have an X5 Legion as my starter race gun or performance range gun. I wouldn't use that for duty. Now if I had a P226 MK25 or whichever P226 variant, I'd use it for duty which can also be a performance range gun.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I own an M-18, and have been thinking of picking up a P226 MK25. Any suggestions if I should go P226 MK25 or XFive Legion...
...or the new X-Five Carry... ?

I mean you really can't go wrong with either, I have one 226 (Legion SAO) and four 320s of varying sizes. If you want another "military" model then the MK25 would make sense. I personally have never taken to the DA/SA platforms so if I were in your shoes I'd go with the Legion X-Five.

·
Registered
Smorgasbord of firearms
14 Posts
Just ordered an MK25 from Sportsman. Delivery next week!:)

·
Premium Member
3,096 Posts
To clarify, I have no issue with the P320 - I think it's a really good striker gun. But the P320 Legion is very competition-specific, and unless that's what you're buying it for, it doesn't seem worth it to me.

And while it's a really good striker gun, when you pick up a MK25, you know you're holding something that will likely outlast you.

·
Registered
130 Posts
To clarify, I have no issue with the P320 - I think it's a really good striker gun. But the P320 Legion is very competition-specific, and unless that's what you're buying it for, it doesn't seem worth it to me.

And while it's a really good striker gun, when you pick up a MK25, you know you're holding something that will likely outlast you.
"Hammer" call-sign says it all boss! My next hammer will be definitely hammered.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Sportsman Warehouse?

if so, that's some serous BS! I've been on their notify list for over a year for an MK25 and never got an e-mail saying it was in stock.
First, check your subscription, they took the system down for a while and it might have cleared you out. It also depends on if they direct ship to stores or hold in the main warehouse for online sales. The thing I don’t like is if a gun is in stock at store X I can’t buy it and have it shipped to my store.

10 rnd capacity version has a add to cart option right now

1 - 20 of 23 Posts