SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Which should I get?

• P226 Legion

Votes: 62 54.4%
  • P226 MK25

Votes: 52 45.6%

P226: Legion VS MK25

19K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  Hammer29 
For me it would have to be the MK25. But I have two MK25's and that's the only sigs I have at this time. I have no interest in the legion. If I ever get another sig it will be the M11a1 or the combat.

I'm voting for the Legion, for the one and only reason that I was just deciding between these two a couple weeks ago, and went with the Legion. But for me, the choice came down to deciding I wanted a 357 SIG. If I'd been in the market for a 9mm I likely would have gone the other way.
Now that makes since!!!!

I like Nitron better than the Legion finish, but a pistol's finish is one of the lowest factors in my decision process. All finishes will become worn given enough time, and will likely be replaced if the buyer owns and uses the gun long enough. You're right that triggers are also easy enough to replace. And to be honest, I'm not the least bit impressed with my Legion's trigger (either the trigger itself or the action), so that wouldn't even be a consideration for me. The undercut trigger guard and front strap checkering are not as easy to do on an anodized alloy frame, and are definitely a noteworthy factor to me. The beavertail I'd prefer to go without. The smaller controls are outstanding, and worth far more to me than the trigger.

Long story short, there are definitely reasons to go with a Legion, but the two most often cited; the trigger and the finish, are the two I wouldn't even let sway me.
Everything that is stated that makes a legion means nothing to me. I like the trigger on my MK25's. But I'm not picky about triggers except on my custom Remington 700. It's a precision rifle. I like the stock triggers on my glocks! I hated the small controls on the legion. Maybe I'm just different in what I see and value. My handguns, whether it's my sigs or my glocks, they are a self defense weapon. I don't care about fluff. My guns finish is very high priority to me. It has to hold up for a very long time.

Your reason for buying a legion makes sense to me. But for me I will probably never get a legion as I'm not interested at all in the stuff it offers. I could have bought a legion for, if I remeber right, I think for around $950 but I still didn't get it. I bought another MK25.

I think before anyone makes that decision they need to weigh what's important to them. And if possible to look at the gun they are trying to decide to buy!

I don't use the slide catch for anything but clearing the gun when empty, which isn't something I'd be doing under stress. In fact, it wouldn't even bother me too much if they got rid of it entirely, like on my P232. On the flip side, I'm constantly pushing it on accident and the slide won't lock open on an empty magazine, so for my uses, the smaller slide catch is outstanding. :)

As you said, each of us will have different interests and preferences. Having options is nice.
I don't use it either as I use the slingshot method but I do use it to clear or manipulate the gun like locking it open or whatnot. And every time it would pinch my thumb. But whatever, I don't care for the controls. The bigger controls work better for me.

For me I like everything about my MK25's and that's what matters!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.