SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Talked my fiancee into a new nightstand/target pistol! Was originally leaning towards a P226 Stainless Elite but decided she didn't need to figure out a new platform in the DA/SA. She loves her little P238 and liked the feel of the P226 DA/SA Legion in the LGS so she ordered up the SAO version from seller THEATTIC on Gunbroker. Who I highly recommend BTW.

Pretty excited for her! And I can't wait to see how she shoots this P226 compared to her HK VP9.

Should be here by the weekend hopefully. If not range report and pics by next weekend for sure! Might have to throw in a piggyback report on her new VP9sk as well.

This is a tease thread isn't it? :p

Update: A few crummy pics! Haven't cleaned it up yet. Looks and feels awesome though! I may have to get one of these for myself! For now if she lets me run the trigger for a few rounds here and there I'll be plenty happy. Gonna go to town on it with Ballistol tomorrow. And probably some Frog Lube on the rails.

Update 2: No more Frog Lube. used it very sparingly and only on the rails. Still became a little gummy mess. Added the pic with her threaded barrel on. Love that pic. This is her favorite pistol to shoot hands down!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
I'll bet y'all will be very pleased.
From what I've been hearing, the 226 sao triggers are outstanding. Brace her for a light trigger pull weight.
She'll be in hog heaven when she sees how well she groups her shots with that light trigger.....
Of course, I could be wrong, you may get one with a 5.5 pound trigger with creep in it. But, I doubt it.
It'll prolly be under 4 pounds and break like glass :)
Congratz!!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I don't think she understands how awesome this trigger is going to be! She thinks most of our Glocks triggers are decent :huh: We just joined a local range a month or so ago and I've got her shooting a few hundred rounds a week. She is sure gonna figure out whats what as far as trigger pulls here pretty quick! I'm most likely creating a monster.........she'll be wanting an P226 X5 in no time!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I have a 226 SAO Legion and a H&K P30. Legion is leagues above it, especially the trigger. Slide release the P 30 wins. I like the P30, I shoot the Legion.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yeah I don't think she understands how awesome this trigger is going to be! She thinks most of our Glocks triggers are decent :huh: We just joined a local range a month or so ago and I've got her shooting a few hundred rounds a week. She is sure gonna figure out whats what as far as trigger pulls here pretty quick! I'm most likely creating a monster.........she'll be wanting an P226 X5 in no time!
You took the words right out of my mouth. A P226 X5 for your pleasure would complete the stable.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just picked up my p226 Legion SAO yesterday and my MCX from The Attic arrives today!
Now my wife would be less than thrilled with my purchases. Lucky guy!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's here! Probably get some pics up tomorrow. The gents at the gun shop were drooling over it and told my gal that they were going to order one for themselves! Need to order up some 18 and 20 round mecgars here soon.

It didn't have the little Sig tape deal on the grip? It was built in April of this year and looks amazing to my eye in the short time I handled it. Can't wait to see how she does with it at the range!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I love my SAO. It's my favorite to shoot of the three. I think the flat face trigger shoe forces me to give a more consistent trigger pull. I was glad to see grayguns is now producing a flat shoe for the rest of the P series pistols. Congrats on your new piece. Better put a light in the safe. Leave it in the dark too long they multiply lol lol:D

Attachments

Reactions: bluesjuke

·
Registered
122 Posts
Talked my fiancee into a new nightstand/target pistol! Was originally leaning towards a P226 Stainless Elite but decided she didn't need to figure out a new platform in the DA/SA. She loves her little P238 and liked the feel of the P226 DA/SA Legion in the LGS so she ordered up the SAO version from seller THEATTIC on Gunbroker. Who I highly recommend BTW.

Pretty excited for her! And I can't wait to see how she shoots this P226 compared to her HK VP9.

Should be here by the weekend hopefully. If not range report and pics by next weekend for sure! Might have to throw in a piggyback report on her new VP9sk as well.

This is a tease thread isn't it? :p

Update: A few crummy pics! Haven't cleaned it up yet. Looks and feels awesome though! I may have to get one of these for myself! For now if she lets me run the trigger for a few rounds here and there I'll be plenty happy. Gonna go to town on it with Ballistol tomorrow. And probably some Frog Lube on the rails.
Be aware Frog Lube does not play with other gun oils. Go with one or the other.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.