SIG Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my new P226 Legion sao out to the range today, I ran 300 rounds down range. So on my way home I asked myself how would you review the gun? Well, first let me say that I have two 1911's which I judge as my standard. I can see why the P226 has been a preferred hand gun for the Seals. That being said The Legion takes it a step or two above the base P226. I judge a gun on how accurate it shoots ( the front sight is a #8) therefore I don't shoot low. How do the grips feel? I usually replace them with a G10 grip. These grips are fantastic! How reliable is the gun? Not one malfunction in the first 300 rounds. Even 1911's needed a break in period before I trust them. Is the slide release in my way preventing the slide from locking back on the last round. No problem today.How does the trigger feel, is it smooth, does it feel like a four pound trigger, and how short is the reset? I feel that the trigger right out of the box is .......................................................................
spectacular! And finally, what is the value for the price? Some people say the Legion series is overpriced. I disagree you get three magazines and x ray night sights undercut trigger, extra serrations and G10 grips and a trigger job.
So after cleaning the Sig today I have to say it is my favorite gun. Everyone raves about Legion but I went in with an open mind and challenged my thoughts about what subjectively makes me like a gun. This gun meets and surpasses my expectations. So to those of you who like this Sig I say "Can't argue with that."

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Sig seems to be doing a good job on their single action only triggers.
Congratz OP. Nothin like that new gun euphoria.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
I took my new P226 Legion sao out to the range today, I ran 300 rounds down range. So on my way home I asked myself how would you review the gun? Well, first let me say that I have two 1911's which I judge as my standard. I can see why the P226 has been a preferred hand gun for the Seals. That being said The Legion takes it a step or two above the base P226. I judge a gun on how accurate it shoots ( the front sight is a #8) therefore I don't shoot low. How do the grips feel? I usually replace them with a G10 grip. These grips are fantastic! How reliable is the gun? Not one malfunction in the first 300 rounds. Even 1911's needed a break in period before I trust them. Is the slide release in my way preventing the slide from locking back on the last round. No problem today.How does the trigger feel, is it smooth, does it feel like a four pound trigger, and how short is the reset? I feel that the trigger right out of the box is .......................................................................
spectacular! And finally, what is the value for the price? Some people say the Legion series is overpriced. I disagree you get three magazines and x ray night sights undercut trigger, extra serrations and G10 grips and a trigger job.
So after cleaning the Sig today I have to say it is my favorite gun. Everyone raves about Legion but I went in with an open mind and challenged my thoughts about what subjectively makes me like a gun. This gun meets and surpasses my expectations. So to those of you who like this Sig I say "Can't argue with that."
Nice report.

I feel the same. The Legion, P226, 9mm, amazes me every time I go to the range.

Perfect gun!

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Although in my first trip to the range with my bew P226 Legion SAO I shot terribly (one if those days....) I absolutely love my SAO Legion.
Its easy to do that imo.
If I'm not concentrating, or not doing what Im supposed to be doing, its not gonna be a good target.
It happens though.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Its easy to do that imo.
If I'm not concentrating, or not doing what Im supposed to be doing, its not gonna be a good target.
It happens though.
I knew it was just one of those days when I couldn't shoot anything well, including my P226RX SAO, which I shoot as well as anything I have ever shot. My poor new Legion surely deserved better on its maiden voyage:(. Next trip to the range I made up for it:D! Hope I don't have the same probem on my first trip with my new P220 Elite SAO in 10mm. That ammo is too darn expensive to throw away!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts