SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don know if this will be blocked because I am not praising the Sig Sauer gods but I need some advice, I have about $1,200 to drop on a new gun and I have brought it down to a Wilson Combat 92g Beretta, a P226 legion, or a CZ Shadow. I used to own a MK25 and loved it but I wanted to take a step up. I haven't shot any rather than the MK25 so it like some opinion and what you'd go with. I'll be using it mostly for idpa, 3 gun shooting, and just plinking in the backyard
Thanks

·
Registered
720 Posts
Your post won't get block. This community isn't all huffy and puffy that Sig is your only choice or go home. I would go for the trifecta and get all 3. :)

I've had all 3 at one time or another and I love my CZ Shadows. They are the only guns I always take to the range and shot in competition. Find one of the SP-01 Shadows for ~$900. It blows the doors off a Legion or WC Beretta. don't get me wrong, they are both great guns, but if you wanting to shoot IDPA the shadow is what you seek.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I shot IDPA with both my 226 Extreme and my SAO Legion. Both are fine guns at least for me to use in IDPA league nights. But, I held a Shadow 2 at the LGS the other day...had it not already just been purchased by one of employees that would have been mine. Fantastic gun especially for IDPA.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your post won't get block. This community isn't all huffy and puffy that Sig is your only choice or go home. I would go for the trifecta and get all 3.

I've had all 3 at one time or another and I love my CZ Shadows. They are the only guns I always take to the range and shot in competition. Find one of the SP-01 Shadows for ~$900. It blows the doors off a Legion or WC Beretta. don't get me wrong, they are both great guns, but if you wanting to shoot IDPA the shadow is what you seek.
I'll have to see if I can may shoot one or at least fondle it my local gun shop, I haven't? seen to many of em locally up here in Maine

·
Registered
7,191 Posts
The Legion, has just SUPERB ergos imo.
Fit my hand like a glove. And , Sig knows how to do a single action trigger. The Sig Legion SAO, is one bad mamma jamma.....I really wish Sig would chamber an SAO version in .357

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I'm gonna dissent, SSP. Shadow, without a doubt. The WC is nice, for sure, but not certain where all that extra money goes. The Legion? Never got it. Never will. This is just my opinion, of course. Lots of guys here obviously love theirs.
The Shadow? You'll know where the money went. They are ridiculously fine specimens. Dollar-for-dollar, CZ makes about the nicest pistol on the market. I'd say that about Sig (and once did), but I feel they're overpriced a bit; they're just not what they once were, and they're charging as if they currently are what they once were:rolleyes:...kinda pricing themselves based on past merits, if you will.
What was I saying? Oh, yeah: the Shadow.

·
Registered
7,191 Posts
I'm gonna dissent, SSP. Shadow, without a doubt. The WC is nice, for sure, but not certain where all that extra money goes. The Legion? Never got it. Never will. This is just my opinion, of course. Lots of guys here obviously love theirs.
The Shadow? You'll know where the money went. They are ridiculously fine specimens. Dollar-for-dollar, CZ makes about the nicest pistol on the market. I'd say that about Sig (and once did), but I feel they're overpriced a bit; they're just not what they once were, and they're charging as if they currently are what they once were:rolleyes:...kinda pricing themselves based on past merits, if you will.
Its hard to argue against CZ/Dan Wesson. Fine pistols.

·
Registered
720 Posts
The Legion, has just SUPERB ergos imo.
Fit my hand like a glove. And , Sig knows how to do a single action trigger. The Sig Legion SAO, is one bad mamma jamma.....I really wish Sig would chamber an SAO version in .357
Agreed, I almost picked a used SAO last week at my LGS. Trigger was one of the best Sig triggers I've felt. They had it for sale at $975. About a month old. I may go back tomorrow and finger that trigger again.

Agreed, partially paying for the WC rollmark and I can't justify the price over my standard brigidier that just shots wonderful with some minor sear and trigger work.

How about some CZ love. 2 Shadow 1's, a Pro-tek II and a Shadow 2. I have a 75B that has been Cajunized and it's in the same class as the shadows.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The Shadow? You'll know where the money went. They are ridiculously fine specimens. Dollar-for-dollar, CZ makes about the nicest pistol on the market. I'd say that about Sig (and once did), but I feel they're overpriced a bit; they're just not what they once were, and they're charging as if they currently are what they once were
...kinda pricing themselves based on past merits, if you will.
I never knew the CZ Shadow had such a large following and now I might have to rethink because I was leaning heavily towards the legion

·
Registered
180 Posts
I've owned many 92 Series guns, P226 models(including the Legion) and CZ-75 models(to include two different Shadow's) and I would say that whichever base model you like most will simply be amplified by the higher end version.

If you prefer a plain jane P226 over a plain jane 92 or CZ then you will probably enjoy the Legion over the other two. The same would apply in reverse for either the CZ or Sig.

I would say from a pure shooting standpoint CZ's higher end pistols are on another level but they are more of a gamer pistol then a Beretta or Sig in my view.

·
Registered
101 Posts
It would be a toss up between a souped up CZ or a Legion SAO. Before purchasing my SAO I was looking for either. The P226 just happened to cross my path first. I've never been a 92 fan.

Reactions: sigke

·
Registered
720 Posts
Agreed, I almost picked a used SAO last week at my LGS. Trigger was one of the best Sig triggers I've felt. They had it for sale at $975. About a month old. I may go back tomorrow and finger that trigger again.
Went back today to revise the Legion SAO and he sold it 30 mins before I showed up for $900 out the door. I would have bought it last week at that price.

Funny thing is the guy traded the Legion in for a Shadow 2 and took a $300 hit on trading a month old legion in. Nothing like rolling negative equity into a new gun.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.