SIG Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for IWB holster suggestions. I carry my P226 in my 5.11 Select Bag, but looking for other options. I would appreciate any input from members that carry the P226.

Thanks,
John

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
If you have a MK25 I would recommend either the INCOG Shadow or T-Rex Sidecare. I carry the INCOG Shadow Eclipse, which is an amazing holster system. One of the things I love about it is that it can be worn tucked or untucked.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Comptac MTAC or FoXX IWB hybrid. That is a big gun, you want something slim like a hybrid to spread the weight and lay the flattest

·
Registered
17,772 Posts
My 226 fits and is retained perfectly in my Alien Gear 220 IWB hybrid holster.

The most comfortable IWB I've ever used.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I carry a Mk25 AIWB in a personally modified INCOG Eclipse. I also have and like holsters from JM Custom Kydex.

What body position do you carry?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I normally carry at 4 o'clock position. I own a P938, but tend to carry my P226 more often. I just prefer a full size gun.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Crossbreed Supertuck. Go to their seconds site and you might be able to score one for $40. I did, have them for a few of my guns and they are great for carrying a heavy gun all day.

Edit:
Yep, quite a few for your 226, and one "Very Good" for $25! You cant go wrong.

http://crossbreedseconds.com/index.php?sort=firearm&order=1

Woops, the $25 is not a SuperTuck. Those are $30-45. Still a great deal on a $70-80 holster.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@ratbikerod

I've been looking at the Crossbreed and the Aliengear 3.0 holsters.

I'm leaning towards the Crossbreed due to the amount of great reviews.

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
@ratbikerod

I've been looking at the Crossbreed and the Aliengear 3.0 holsters.

I'm leaning towards the Crossbreed due to the amount of great reviews.

Thanks,
John
I like the heck outta mine. Really distributes the weight well and keeps everything nice and tight against me. It is really hard to make out I am carrying.

I even carried with dress clothes and a tucked in shirt a while back and it was totally invisible.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ditto on the Crossbreed holster. I have one in cowhide for a P938 and another in horsehide for P320C. They claim the horsehide is better for warmer climates. I find horsehide a bit stiffer than the cowhide, but I'm still in the breaking it in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts