SIG Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day all. I am new to the sight but have enjoyed myself so far reading many of the posts. I just purchased a W.German 226 and would like some recommendations on a good concealed carry holster. I prefer to carry just rear of my right hip but not quite over my pocket. I am 6' and weigh 260lbs and I live in NE Florida so I guess 2 good suggestions both for summer and winter carry. Thank you in advance for all your replies, and thank you for the warm welcome also.

·
Registered
22,184 Posts
Alien Gear has minimum "bulk" from material and is comfortable.

·
Premium Member
4,469 Posts
Although I do own one, I don't carry a P226 so I can't recommend a holster for you. I do carry either a P229 or a P239.

The P239 in a Milt Sparks VM II and the P229 in a TT GunLeather IWB. Since they are both IWB

and as you know it can get sweaty down here I have modified them both with larger sweat guards

to prevent the possibility of any sweat coming into contact with any part of my gun.

Best of luck with your search. You are in the right place to get the very best advice.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
I'm a fan of OWB holsters, and I have several from JM Custom Kydex. I highly recommend them.

·
Banned
6,289 Posts

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
I like the snap-on OWB holster style when I can wear a cover garment. I carry my P226R in an older Georgia Snap from Ryan Grizzle:

R Grizzle holsters are an incredible value. I own two and they are every bit the equal of my Milt Sparks holsters, at less cost and less wait time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have found some success (for me) with the Blackhawk Snap On leather holster that can be attached to or removed from a belt with nothing but two snapsl My long-term unit was for a G-19 and it was great, again just for MY purposes. I ordered the same holster to fit the 226, etc and I noticed that it fits my P320 perfectly. I moved the adjustable thumb break strap just a tad and it is now perfect for the 320. And still fits the P226. fwiw...

·
Registered
94 Posts
My vote is for a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2. I have owned many and it is the best IWB out there. I'm in north Florida as well and carry year round. I have my P226 Legion in one right now. Milt Sparks makes the VM2 for both railed and no railed P226.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
I vote Milt Sparks VM2 as well. I just picked one up at my LGS. They carry a number of VM2's for different guns. I was carrying my 226 Legion at the time and I always wanted to try a Sparks but the wait time is terrible. Bought it spent two days presenting it empty with the plastic bag. It is an awesome holster better than any Kydex holster out there. Especially for a compact / full size Sig 226. The 226 was in the Legion Mini by Black Point tactical. Tal hat holster is gonna take some time to get used too. Digs into your side. Anyway Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 is awesome.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts