SIG Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am trying to dress up my P226 with some Coco Bolo grips but the grip screws are no where close to the right size.

My 226 is a Special Configuration W226-9-SP manufactured in 2013 with forward serrations, SRT, night sights, pic rail, and E2 grips. I popped of the E2 grips with out too much trouble only to find that the screws that I ordered were the same diameter as the lip around the top of the screw hole, see picture.

http://i.imgur.com/sJah6q9.jpg

I found that old west german sigs use skinny screws but on a 2013 it doesn't really make sense. Where can I find what screws will actually work? Do I have to call Sig since this is kind of a 1 off?

Gonna look like sex with the new grips on her can't wait haha

·
Registered
55,544 Posts
wood grips are thicker & you're correct, there are several different grip screws, here's 3.
unk credit for pic:

welcome from az

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes got the grips and the screws off of amazon new. They are the smooth Hogue grips and look amazing, makes it even worse that the have to go back in the box haha.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I take it the diameter of the screws you received is much too large to fit the thread in the frame. Those are not P226/P228 screws. There were three iterations of the P226 screw, with the first being smaller (not sure of the size) and the next two the same diameter and threading, but with a thicker head for the later grips. Again, it looks like you somehow got a set of screws to fit the P220/P225/230/245. Maybe a return that the customer swapped out the wrong screws or maybe just packed incorrectly from the factory.

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
Whoever sent you those screws screwed up.:D

Seriously, as SSP said, they are not P226 screws. They definitely look like the P225 screws. Send them back for a refund.

Here are the 225 and 225A1 grip screws.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts