SIG Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I have a Sig P226Elite which currently has an E2 grip on it. I got a great deal on a set of grips from a P226 Equinox that I would like to put on it. I did have the slide coated recently and I think the new grips will really make it look better.

So my concerns
Do I need to switch back to the original parts i.e. The hammer strut and foot or does the Equinox carry the safe frame type

Do I need longer screws than the factory grip screws to make the wood grips work?

Lastly would the E2 grip fit on an older P226 circa 1994 U521xxx sn

Thanks for any help. Always appreciated

Phil

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,618 Posts
Phil, first off with your series of questions, and the easiest... To put the E2 grips on the '94 model P226, you'll need the whole hammer strut, mainspring, and seat, plus the Trigger Bar Spring. For the Elite, I guess it would depend on what grips came on it originally, but in most cases the E2 type of mainspring assembly should work, along with the current Trigger Bar Spring. Grip Screw length could be a problem, as wooden grips are normally thicker. There is another thread here stating that P239 screws have the same thread diameter and pitch, just a little longer. Sig sells them in a set of 5, which should satisfy your needs.

Attachments

Reactions: MoRivera

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Willard!!! I knew you guys would come thru for me

·
Premium Member
11,968 Posts
Phil, first off with your series of questions, and the easiest... To put the E2 grips on the '94 model P226, you'll need the whole hammer strut, mainspring, and seat, plus the Trigger Bar Spring. For the Elite, I guess it would depend on what grips came on it originally, but in most cases the E2 type of mainspring assembly should work, along with the current Trigger Bar Spring. Grip Screw length could be a problem, as wooden grips are normally thicker. There is another thread here stating that P239 screws have the same thread diameter and pitch, just a little longer. Sig sells them in a set of 5, which should satisfy your needs.

This attachment should be a sticky! :thumbsu:

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,618 Posts
Its was referenced in another thread... I just eliminated the "search".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts