SIG Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just now attempting to replace my P226 DA/SA stock trigger with a GG adjustable straight trigger. Somethings wrong! My stock trigger has a pin installed in the top hole which fits into a bushing on the trigger bar; this pin does not appear to be removable. The GG trigger seems to be designed to accept a pin mounted on the trigger bar. According to the GG website, the GG "trigger is designed to fit both current and older model traditional double action (DA/SA/decocker) P-Series pistols, including

X5 All-Round
P220 (see exceptions below)
P226
P228
P229
P227 and others"

No install instructions with the GG trigger or on their website. The few videos I have found online show a trigger bar with a pin protruding to fit into the top hole of the GG trigger.

Could be pilot error, but I am not seeing how to make this work. Looks like SIG changed the design somewhere along the way. Any guidance?

Thanks,
NHn

·
Registered
164 Posts
Not sure about the sa/da trigger but on the sao model there are two types - with and without the pin. One is wider - when ordering you have to choose one.

·
Registered
11,347 Posts
Sounds like your 226 has one of the "new" trigger/trigger bar design that SIG momentarily fielded.

P-Series Orig:New Trig:TB Compar.001.jpeg

I think you have two options; call SIG and ask for one of the original trigger bars or call GGI and ask for a trigger that will work with your "new" design trigger bar.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ThnkFrst,

Your photos illustrate perfectly what I am seeing. Apparently GG hasnt had to deal with this so far, or they are not being forthcoming in their description of trigger "fit." I'd be surprised if GG hasnt seen this previously as my 226 has a manuf. date of June 2017. Have emailed GG for a solution. It may be that their ELS kit which includes a trigger bar is the solution. In any event I am now more capable re disassembling and reassembling the P226.

Thanks for taking time to post.

NHn

·
Registered
61 Posts
ThnkFrst,

Your photos illustrate perfectly what I am seeing. Apparently GG hasnt had to deal with this so far, or they are not being forthcoming in their description of trigger "fit." I'd be surprised if GG hasnt seen this previously as my 226 has a manuf. date of June 2017. Have emailed GG for a solution. It may be that their ELS kit which includes a trigger bar is the solution. In any event I am now more capable re disassembling and reassembling the P226.

Thanks for taking time to post.

NHn
The Gray Guns ELS kit does include a trigger bar with the pin on the trigger bar. I love that kit. Made a huge improvement in my 229's single and double action trigger pull. Well worth the cost of that kit.

·
Registered
11,347 Posts
To my knowledge, SIG only used that "new" design trigger/trigger bar in production for a matter of months in just a few models, so there probably aren't that many out there.

SIG did tell me at one point that they would provide an original style trigger bar if a customer was needing one. I think you are correct that GGI knows about it and might even have a trigger that would work.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bab,

Thanks for the comment re the GG ELS kit. Seems a bit pricey for the two parts you get but, as you suggest, worth it for a meaningful improvement.

I have some older 226's which almost certainly have a trigger bar compatible with the GG trigger I have; will give it a try on one of these.

NHn

·
Registered
752 Posts
As ThnkFrst already mentioned, you were "lucky" enough to get one of those "limited production" trigger bars.

Kidding aside, your best bet would be to get a conventional trigger bar with the trigger pivot pin that's fit for your pistol. It'd be safe if you get a non-DAK trigger bar. You can find out if you have a DAK or non-DAK frame from GGI's website on their ELS products or by searching up on here.

That is the only way you would be able to use the trigger you already have. It is also worth noting that while there may be an ELS system from GGI with roughly the same contour as the normal PSTR8 trigger, the ELS system gives a lesser perceptible pull weight by introducing a higher angle of where the ELS trigger and trigger bar pivots. Therefore, there is more leverage. This leverage is at the cost of a large trigger stroke though. For me, it's a noticeable difference, and the benefits are rendered nugatory if you'd have some additional trigger work done to it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BGOd42,

I have ordered an "old" style trigger bar from SIG. My frame is "DAK compatible" according to GG website. I guessed that the difference in trigger pull with the ELS kit is from different trigger bar/trigger geometry, as you suggest. Will try this setup before considering the ELS.

NHn

1 - 13 of 13 Posts