SIG Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, aside from the US Navy Seal markings on the MK25, what are the "enhanced features" (as per Sig website) that differentiate the MK25 from the standard full size Nitron variant? Thanks.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
15,062 Posts
I believe Bulljack covered it nicely. The only model, possibly better suited for a semi-tropical environment would be an SSE/ASE version...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, great information. Doesn't the Nitron variant have coated internals and Siglite sights like the MK25? Thought I read it did? Also, for those of you with the experience, do you prefer the MK25 grips to the E2?

·
P228 Sherpa
8,058 Posts
Thanks, great information. Doesn't the Nitron variant have coated internals and Siglite sights like the MK25? Thought I read it did? Also, for those of you with the experience, do you prefer the MK25 grips to the E2?
No coated internals on the regular P226. I'd pick the Mk25 for the reason it has the short extractor alone, and nothing else.

·
Banned
6,262 Posts
For me the MK25 embodies what I think a true combat pistol should be. I carry a Glock 19 daily, but the struggle to do so over the MK25 is real! LOL I love the original P226 made in Germany with its carbon steal slide and no rail, but the MK25 is the best gun made, IMHO.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
15,062 Posts
Personally I prefer G-10 grips, over the 2 piece Polymer, and have no experience with the E2s. From several members comments in the past, they can be abrasive, but possibly smallest in circumference, but may get "loose" over time, as there isn't any way to "tighten them" by tightening mounting screws.

Following up on SlySleuths comment, regarding the Short Reset Trigger, this can be added to any Sig not originally equipped, for about $50, and makes double taps easier and a little quicker!

Here's my 2 P226s...

Attachments

·
Banned
6,262 Posts
Personally I prefer G-10 grips, over the 2 piece Polymer, and have no experience with the E2s. From several members comments in the past, they can be abrasive, but possibly smallest in circumference, but may get "loose" over time, as there isn't any way to "tighten them" by tightening mounting screws.

Following up on SlySleuths comment, regarding the Short Reset Trigger, this can be added to any Sig not originally equipped, for about $50, and makes double taps easier and a little quicker!

Here's my 2 P226s...
I really don't care much for how the E2 grips look, but after handling them on a P229, I have to say that I really do like how they feel. They make a world of difference over the standard factory grips, which I also like, but I can definitely see where some folks would opt for the E2s. That said, the G10 does offer a really nice texture that's hard to beat.

·
Registered
470 Posts
As a Mk25 aficionado, holster selection can be precarious. Especially leather.
With that said, if I'm buying a new Sig, it is a Mk25. If I'm looking to just pick one up, I'll find a used short extractor variant with SRT already installed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.