SIG Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed out my P226 decocker to the 224. (I also swapped out to a 19# spring, the SRT Kit, and the 224 slide catch).

When I decocker the hammer, it doesn't decocker with as much force as before. I don't know if that makes sense, but it doesn't seem to slam down. It's also less forceful when I compare it to my other DA guns like the px4cc and P30sk.

Is this an issue? Safe? Did I jack it up? Or just expected?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was pseudo upgrading it to a legion. The 224 has the lower profile slide catch and decocker.

There's actually a nice series online about upgrading an old West German 226 to a Legion. I had the G10 grips, too, but the E2 fit me better.

·
🎖USA Veteran
11,999 Posts
When decocking a SIG, it's the force from the mainspring that is pushing the hammer down (and the decocking lever up) so my guess on what's behind the change in the feel of your 229 would be the lighter mainspring that you installed.

The geometry of the 224 decocking lever might be slightly different than the original 229 lever which could affect the feel of the action. I don't think that comparing the feel to other pistol brands is relevant as they are different mechanical designs.

That said, if it decocks the hammer properly I wouldn't be concerned with the difference in feel.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Agreed on the mainspring diference. In the future when up grading components, you may want to do one at a time and function test and test fire the weapon to ensure functionality and reliability are maintained. It will also give you a better idea of what each change is netting you and if you do have issues, you'll know what component caused them and where to start.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Agreed on the mainspring diference. In the future when up grading components, you may want to do one at a time and function test and test fire the weapon to ensure functionality and reliability are maintained. It will also give you a better idea of what each change is netting you and if you do have issues, you'll know what component caused them and where to start.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
That is good advice. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.