SIG Talk banner

P226 da/sa

1329 4
Got a P226 9mm DA/SA a few weeks back while I was in the market for the SAO variant. Came across a good deal at Athena Gun Club, and just couldn't pass it up after groping it.

Blemish on the beavertail is from carrying strong side concealed and misjudging my walking path past my friends truck and it making pretty hard contact with his brushguard on the front of his F350. Other than that no finish wear so far (can't fix stupid and walking into things) from carrying in a Bladetech Kydex IWB holster for about 2 weeks. I did have what looked like wear on it around the trigger guard but it was just Kydex transfer onto the finish that wiped off with relative ease. Holster shown in the picture is a cheapo uncle mikes, I use them to put carry rotation guns in the safe because it has a spot for an extra mag, covers the trigger guard and I haven't had a problem with them damaging finishes more than necessary.

Perdomo cigar and a cappuccino of my own making, with a Nightcore P12 behind it as I was on the porch around 10PM.

On to shooting the gun. Prior to buying the P226 Legion the only real experience with SIG ownership that I have is a P229 DAK, I never really fell in love with the DAK on the P229 but at the same time I am a young 23 years of age and as such am not the most experienced shooter of the crowd here, and one thing it really helped hammer home is trigger control, and it really reveals flaws in your trigger pull, so it still frequents the range with me for practice purposes and when I go to the range with friends that are blaming their guns, and triggers not themselves for their shot placement.

That being said the double action is smooth though there are a few small hitches in it, which I expected from even a top of the line production DA/SA configuration handgun, and my finger estimates it at around 9lbs but who knows what it really is we are all bad judges of things by feel. The single action is closer to 4-4.5lbs and is a little squishy but is a nice trigger to shoot, with a reset that is better than any of my striker fired handguns(Glock, PPQ, ect.) but as to be expected isn't a 1911 with a trigger job.

It is a P226 with a sweet looking gray finish, that may or may not be a roll of the dice as to how well it holds up, an above average production gun trigger, stock night sights that are good, but not Trijicon HD good, and G10 grips that make you wish that Hogue had designed the grip material and texture for every handgun you own.

I'm glad I purchased it, and it has been a joy to shoot. I have been carrying it in place of a PPQ, though I don't know how long that will last. You start out pretty headstrong about carrying an all metal full sized handgun, but the longer it weighs your pants down the more you rethink it. The only thing that keeps it on my hip every day is that while I may not shoot it quite as well as some other handguns I own, I enjoy shooting it more, and so it sees more time at the range, and by extension more time as the gun I trust my life to if it comes to that.

Attachments

Reactions: JimLob65
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One thing I may look at is the Gray Guns flat trigger that they recently released though are always sold out of, as I have a case of self diagnosed chode-fingers, and the reach of the trigger is a little far for me. I have what most would consider large hands, but the shape of them lent by my Soamoan-esque heritage makes it so that my reach to triggers isn't what you'd expect.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
One thing I may look at is the Gray Guns flat trigger that they recently released though are always sold out of, as I have a case of self diagnosed chode-fingers, and the reach of the trigger is a little far for me. I have what most would consider large hands, but the shape of them lent by my Soamoan-esque heritage makes it so that my reach to triggers isn't what you'd expect.
Congrats on your purchase.
On the straight triggers, I just got a couple to try the other day and I'm not sure I like them. The reach is longer on them then the standard Sig trigger in DA but shorter than the PSAIT, in SA they are fine and don't come close to pinching you like the standards sometimes do. Although they have a pre-travel adjustment the one I installed had no travel to adjust out as the front was already up against the frame. I don't know if I like the DA though. I understand the concept and know straight triggers are popular but think they make sense in a straight pull trigger instead of a pivoting one. I'll get one a try for a while but the standard feels so comfortable after it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.