SIG Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a Caliber X-Change Kit to convert my P226 from 40 to 9mm. The original pistol is 10 years old (recently bought at Academy sports used service pistol for under $500), what springs etc do I need to change? Also, should I use the 9mm or 40 springs since this is originally a 40, but now will run a 9mm slide barrel exchange kit. I am ok with doing the work myself, have worked on Sigs and CZs quite a bit. I'm brand new to the P226 realm though. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Reactions: jkao42

·
Registered
363 Posts
Adding to what DBS said, with the pistol being 10 years old I would replace all the springs.
You can pick them up pretty cheap at wolff and they make great springs. So your hammer spring, firing pin spring, and recoil spring.
With that being said, the 9mm xchange will come with the proper 9mm spring. I would also pick up a new 40 spring while your at it.
The p226 is a easy gun to work on, if you have any questions just post here and someone will be able to help you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.