SIG Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first 100 rounds went thru without a problem. CCI mini-mags.
The gun worked flawlessly. I had wiped all the shipping oil off the gun, but the Range Master checked it for me and placed one drop of oil on both sides, front and rear of the slide.

As a new shooter I felt very comfortable with the guns performance and feel in my hands - it fit well. Not sure if it is something you get use to or can be improved but the DA/SA trigger pull in SA mode has a long travel and 3 levels of resistance; a lot travel with no resistance, then about half that travel with moderate resistance and finally half that travel with a fair amount of resitance before fireing. Pull also seems slightly less than smooth - I'd call it gritty. Thoughts / recommendations would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I recently purchased the P226 22LR and a 9mm X-Change kit. Both work flawlessly. I had some early glitches using 22LR Federal Bulk ammo. Now I use Remington Bulk and CCI Stingers and Velociters. The gun seems to favor the higher velocity ammo.

·
Registered
564 Posts

My 226 eats Minimags well, but had some issues with Remington Golden Bullets.
Sig recommends a HV, round nose bullet to feed well and cycle the slide.
+1 for good lube while everything breaks in.
Theres a sliding bar on the inside right side of the frame top..part of it pops up. I don't know if it's a safety mechanism or not, but when grit/dirt/old lube gets inside it and the frame...my trigger definitely feels "gritty". Clean it with a q-tip and use a very light lube there and your rigger may smooth up dramatically.
Sig's action job helps too. The .22 feed ramp can get dirty after a few rounds, and imho, cause feeding problems. Not a bad idea to keep an eye on it and clean it up if it gets too dirty..to guarantee a smooth feed ramp for those little buggers. Hollow points may not work well until it's well broken in, if ever, imho. Also, mine shot consistently high and the sights wouldn't adjust to correct it. Sig replaced them after confirming the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts