SIG Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a note that the Sig website says this gun comes with 1 mag. I got a new one last week with an August 2012 manufacture date and it came with 2.
One was in the gun and the other was in the space provided for it in the case.
The mags are not metal - some type of composite. Does Sig normally do such a poor job documenting their products. On their website they show 2 versions; the basic and the beavertail. Both listings take you to the details of the BAS(ic) version and provide no details on the beavertail version - very confusing for a newbie.

·
Registered
564 Posts

My .22 Classic P-226 also came with 2 mags.
Be glad you got an extra...they are hard to find and NOT cheap.
sigpower makes some good mag extra to hold the slide open and increase capacity to 15 if you want it.
Keep it lubed well and use HP .2's to break it in for best reliability, imho.
Sig recommends 40 grain Minimag roundnose loads.
I had some sight issues with mine and I have heard other similar complaints. Yours may be newer and improved.
Let us know.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Mine came with two mags. As far as I have seen all of them came with 2 mags no big deal there. Avoid Federal bulk like the plague. Mine choked badly on it. Remington bulk is fine but they really like the hotter stuff like CCI Stingers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mine was Aug production also and included 2 mags but no packet of lube.. Suspect it got legs at the gun shop.
Loves Mini Mags, Golden bullet Both RN and Hollow point. Put a few stingers through it

Cabella's had a 10 pound bucket of golden bulk HP for $53.00 on the floor in Hamburg Pa

I figure that to be about 1,280 rounds.

Slide not locking back was a surprise but I can count to 10.

Might get the mod to hold back but unsure on any long term damage to slide

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Those of you that have these or use the P226 .22LR conversion kit on your P226 - how to you like them?

I am seriously considering one for one of my P226s but I either hear they are great or they are jamomatics.

I have no problem running CCI Mini Mags as that still is about 1/4 of the price of the 9MM range ammo I use.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Those of you that have these or use the P226 .22LR conversion kit on your P226 - how to you like them?

I am seriously considering one for one of my P226s but I either hear they are great or they are jamomatics.

I have no problem running CCI Mini Mags as that still is about 1/4 of the price of the 9MM range ammo I use.

Thanks.
Federal bulk was shitty ammo in mine. Remington bulk-OK and CCI Stinger-Great. The guns like the hotter stuff to funciton properly. Get one you won't be dissappointed.

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Thanks. I just ordered a P226 .22 LR conversion kit to use on one of my P226s. Hope it is here in time for next weekend. Really looking forward to trying it out!

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
I just tried out my new P226 .2 conversion kit today and I am very impressed with it. 180 flawless rounds through it. The 120 CCI Min Mags were perfect while the cheap Walmart Federal bulk pack had 2 failures to fire out of sixty but I attribute that to the ammo and not the conversion kit. They fired after relading into the next magazine.

I should have gotten one of these years ago. I was also suprised to see that it comes with a lifetime warranty from SIG unlike the Mosquito that has only a one year warranty.

·
Registered
4,192 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have the p220 SAO. I only got one magazine. It hated federal but fired flawless on CCI.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts