SIG Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5 P226's and a few other SIG pistols. What do y'all think, any chance of getting P226 caliber exchange kits to get RMR's on my existing pistols ?

I would be initially in the market for one in .40 S&W elite and 9mm standard with the likelihood of more to follow.

Also I prefer the DA/SA so an exchange kit would need to be compatible with DA/SA Sig P226 pistols if this is a consideration.

Bonus points for a mk25 RX slide for me mk25.

The downside is I would also need new holsters bc my p226 with light holsters will not accommodate an RMR.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
P226 exchange kits

IIRC if you have 40 s&w or 357sig P226 all the barrels will interchange. You will need to change the recoil spring when you use a 9mm. I believe you will only need to buy Sig OEM barrels and maybe a 9mm recoil spring or 2.
If you have a 9mm you will have to change to a 40/357 slide in order to use these calibers and also switch to the 40/357 recoil spring.
The mags will work for all calibers at the range, but for defense, I would use caliber specific mags.

I included a chart that tells more about the exchange kits and what will work with what.
Welcome from East Tennessee and good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi ni hao,

yes I have one exchange kit for 9mm /22lr on a 22lr classic frame. I have .357 and .40 barrels for all my .357/.40 Sigs. What I was wanting was the rail mounted optic option for a Sig Romeo RMR. I would just like the slides which are offered as caliber exchange kits. Of course, if Sig decided to just offer the slides, that would be great !

·
Registered
702 Posts
I have a P226 with 9mm and .40/.357 slides and barrels. I can put the 9mm barrel and spring in the .40/.357 slide and the pistol function checks properly. I can run snap caps through a 9mm magazine with no problems. I have not tried to fire the pistol with the 9mm barrel and spring in the .40/.357 slide, but I have fired my P224 that came as a .40S&W with a drop in 9mm Sig barrel with no problems.

Can anyone comment on using a standard 9mm barrel and spring with a .357/.40 slide as opposed to a conversion barrel?

·
Registered
517 Posts
I purchased a P226 in .40S&W, then added a 9 mm Xchange kit that was milled to add a Trijicon RMR06: it's a wonderful shooting combo. I posted a few pictures of the setup on this forum.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I purchased a P226 in .40S&W, then added a 9 mm Xchange kit that was milled to add a Trijicon RMR06: it's a wonderful shooting combo. I posted a few pictures of the setup on this forum.
That sir sounds like an awesome set-up with the RMR.

·
Registered
160 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts