SIG Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need some help, just got this bad boy and only some 400 rounds through it, this is what I found. Is this normal? I don't think so and I am wondering if I should have it sent back for defect repair/replace.

馃帠USA Veteran
I marked up one of your pics. See attached.

In my experience, the peening in the area highlighted in green would be normal from contact with the locking insert which cams the barrel down during recoil. The area highlighted in red is abnormal IMO.

I would suggest contacting SIG CS and reporting your concerns. Ask for an email address to send your pics to and request a technical evaluation and recommendation.

View attachment 261986

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I marked up one of your pics. See attached.

In my experience, the peening in the area highlighted in green would be normal from contact with the locking insert which cams the barrel down during recoil. The area highlighted in red is abnormal IMO.

I would suggest contacting SIG CS and reporting your concerns. Ask for an email address to send your pics to and request a technical evaluation and recommendation.

View attachment 261986
Thank you, the red area was my concern. I am sad now. Thanks again for advice.:(

馃帠USAF Retired
Is this an original or replacement barrel?

What does the area in your lower gun frame look like that is possibly causing that? It's hitting something in the locking insert. Maybe pull out the insert and examine it too?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thank you all for replying and helping me. I will follow up with sig and see what they say. It may be sometime, so subscribe or check back if you are interested.

It's normal. I have the exact same wear in the lower locking lug on both my P229 Legion and P226 Legion, both 9mm. It will not get any worse, it will actually smooth out and just be shiny after a thousand or so rounds.
That makes me feel better. :D

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the same wear showing on my P226 Stainless Elite.
Thank you for the feedback. It is good to hear I am not the only one. Did you only notice it, because I posted? How many rounds? Are you concerned or is this normal to you?

Registered
We're vacillating between "its normal" and sending in to SIG.

I agree this is normal wear and shows use as you begin to break in your pistol. Areas that show as yours does (and mine) as said above should get grease.

However, if you are unsure or it will make you feel better, do not listen to us, contact SIG and let them make their own determination. Who knows, you may get a new barrel? But, more likely, you will be informed that this is normal wear.

The real question: Does this cosmetic "defect" in any way impede the pistol's performance? Sluggish return to battery, FTE, FTF, etc.? If so, that's a problem to be concerned with.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We're vacillating between "its normal" and sending in to SIG.

I agree this is normal wear and shows use as you begin to break in your pistol. Areas that show as yours does (and mine) as said above should get grease.

However, if you are unsure or it will make you feel better, do not listen to us, contact SIG and let them make their own determination. Who knows, you may get a new barrel? But, more likely, you will be informed that this is normal wear.

The real question: Does this cosmetic "defect" in any way impede the pistol's performance? Sluggish return to battery, FTE, FTF, etc.? If so, that's a problem to be concerned with.
Thank you. You are absolutely right. I will contact sig within the week. I will be very busy working. I should have time Wednesday evening.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.