SIG Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My P226 is the only pistol I have that requires the combat hold.
I would like to change to the Trijicon HD's and i'm trying to find out if they give you the Center-Hold site picture like below. Anyone?

·
Registered
8,973 Posts
To my knowledge, All Sig Sights (and the after market guys) want you to do the Combat Sighting Thing. Everything else seems to be "Blasé".

I had to get a #10 rear sight with a #8 front to get a 6 o'clock hold with my 229 at 25 yds. At 7, it shows as a focus just below the Red Center. But it prints correctly there.

This was with the 357 SIG and the 9MM Mouse.

For .40, it holds a bit higher. Still, I don't do well with the "Cover the target" scene. I like to be able to see where the bullets are going.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks
My P226 is a 9MM.
My P238 is the only other Sig I own and the"SIGLITE Night Sights" are dead on with center-hold. (At 3 to 15 yards where I practice)
I won't be going into combat so I would like to find some sights that match the rest of my pistols which is the center-hold.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
15,029 Posts
MickS, in that situation, you could do like USMC6872 did. Sig Sights, both front and rear, go up in number to raise Point of Impact. Rear sights are 2" shift @ 25 yards per number increase, fronts are 1" per number, at 25 yards.

Another alternative, is adjustable sights. Meprolight does manufacture an "adjustable" tritium sight set, for Sigs. #ML 20110

Reactions: bumper

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I figured something like that was what I would probably wind up having to do. Be nice if Trijicon would sell their front and rear separately in different heights. (I know, wishful thinking) :D

·
Registered
550 Posts
Thanks for the Illustration Mick.
I never knew the "combat hold" was suposed to be done with both eyes open.

So I tried it ... and...NOPE. Not gonna happen I've been shooting pistols for over 30 years and I always close one eye. Might have to teach that at a young age :)

·
Registered
8,973 Posts
I had to work VERY Hard to keep both eyes open. Problem is, I still cannot get to do the "Cover the target". With the Sights I have modified, #8 front and #10 rear, at 25 yds If I aim for a Target's throat, I get em in the mouth. :)

Which is exactly what I get when I aim for the bottom of the 8 ring and get into the X.

·
Registered
491 Posts

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
I grew up with the center hold. Didn't much care for combat hold when first getting into SIGs. Now, having suffered with it some and getting used to the idea) I like it a lot. Not for punching paper, but with Trijicon HDs, it's fast and logical to put the front sight dot on the bad guy where you'd like the bullet to go. Only need to focus on the front dot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.