SIG Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new to me P229 in 357 Sig. I want to get a SRT trigger put in and was wondering if there are good smiths to do it in Central Texas area. I will probably get it cerakoated in FDE while I am getting the modifications done.

My wife got a new to her German P226 in 9mm it was a police turn in and it has good amount of scuffs and wear on the outside. Would a makeover with a short reach and short reset trigger and other modifications be worthwhile and what/who is a good smith to do that?

She also has a 1911 Fastback she loves and a P320 carry but wants to get back to DA/SA guns exclusively.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have a P229 in 357sig and a P226 in 9mm. Watch the Sig website next week. Around holiday time they often will offer nice specials. I got SRT for my P229 and Sig threw in new Siglites and discounted replacing the springs and cleaning her up nicely.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Sig has a service for refurbishment of used guns, check it out. I bet they'll give you a deal on the SRT install with the service package.

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
If you want your SIG to be as good as it can be, there are just two choices IMO -

do it yourself (if you have the tools, time, and aptitude) or send it to Robert Burke (TheSigArmorer).

And welcome!!

Oh, and watching the video and installing SRT really is pretty much dirt simple, requiring almost none of the above :)

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,469 Posts
Welcome from Florida.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts