SIG Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. i just recently got an Insight M6x with the slide lock mount for 1913 rail... however when i install the light on my 226 it has a fair amout of "play" Shouldnt the light not move on the rail at all? anyone else have this issue? I have tried both latchbars that come with the light. neither of them make a secure fit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! i have read a from a few people that the sig rail is not a "true" 1913 rail... is this true?

·
Registered
336 Posts
That's correct, most SIGs have a SIG-Rail not a 1913 Picatinny rail. A few models have a standard 1913 rail, but only if it's specifically designated in their specs.

Anyway, I have a Streamlight TLR-2, which if I remember correctly is the exact same thing as an Insight M6. Mine fits on my 226 just fine and is perfectly tight. I know the M6x is not the same as the M6, but it seems the rail mount would be the same or very similar. So far I haven't had any trouble with any Picatinny accessories on any of my SIG Rails. Maybe you just need to crank the screw on the light down a little tighter?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm. i would crank the screw down tighter if it had one... i have the "slide lock" mount. so it is tool less design.. maybe insight will let me exchange it for the screw version...

·
Registered
336 Posts
Ah, that may be what you need to do. I haven't found pics of the slide-lock feature on the internet, only the version with the screw, which is very similar to mine. It seems to me that there's no way a slide-lock can get as tight as a screw. On mine, if I don't tighten it up pretty good, the light does wiggle on the SIG Rail quite a bit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input. I think i will contact insight tomorrow and see if anyone else has had this problem and what they can do about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts