SIG Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I'd like to ask what's your mixture for a 9mm to be shot from a p226 for your reloads? Do you teflon coat it or just lead? 115gr, 124gr or 147gr? How does it group? How big is the projectile and how much and what type of powder do you put in?

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Mine eats everything. My preferred range loads that works in everything I run including the 226:

115 grn.Berry’s RN
4.7 grn. HP38
1.125 coal

Reactions: BGOd42

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
My formula is nearly identical to Venti30, I use bullseye powder instead at 4.6 all my 226s and 229 use this as well as my MPX

Just in case you can't find this thread later I'm sure the mods will move it to ammo and reloading section.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
My Mrs. shoots lots of 9mm. For the most part it's plated 124 grain and 6.2 of HS6

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine eats everything. My preferred range loads that works in everything I run including the 226:

115 grn.Berry’s RN
4.7 grn. HP38
1.125 coal
My formula is nearly identical to Venti30, I use bullseye powder instead at 4.6 all my 226s and 229 use this as well as my MPX

Just in case you can't find this thread later I'm sure the mods will move it to ammo and reloading section.
My Mrs. shoots lots of 9mm. For the most part it's plated 124 grain and 6.2 of HS6
Thanks for the input, I initially wasn't able to see if there was an ammo/reloading thread, apologies for that.

I read in another thread here that there was a guy running 124gr on 3.3gn here: http://sigtalk.com/ammo-reloading/40447-p226-9mm-grain-weights.html
I don't know but that is somewhat of a first that I've seen such a low amount of powder for the 124gr. Also does anyone like slow burning or quicker burning powder more?

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
I have shot reloads in Sig P6, P220, P226, P227, P228, P229 many guns of each as well as P320, P938 and 516, 716, M400 and everyone shot any reload I put in them.
I would suggest there is no reload a P226 won't shoot unless it has been loaded improperly

My favorite is FMJ or plated RN 124gr but powder type only matters if you are looking to get the most rounds per pound or if you are looking to duplicate factory velocities.
Those parameters dictate 2 different categories of powder

Reactions: BGOd42

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Thanks for the input, snip
I don't know but that is somewhat of a first that I've seen such a low amount of powder for the 124gr. Also does anyone like slow burning or quicker burning powder more?
I tend to use slower burning powders because it requires more of it. I have less chance of double charging a case when Mrs slayer comes into the reloading room.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts