SIG Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The WE26R-40-BSS-DAK must need a special barrel other than the "P226 357sig" barrel to convert this DAK to 357sig. The P226 357 sig barrel I had did not fit in my DAK. Anyone else run into this? Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The p226 357 sig barrel (by Sig Sauer) when placed into the slide would not allow the frame to slide all the way forward for reassembly. It seemed part of the barrel was catching on the "block" in the frame and not allowing the frame to finish sliding all the way forward on the slide. I took it back and got as refund on the barrel.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,619 Posts
As Malicious Compliance stated, and as we all know "1 picture is worth a thousand words", I imagine the hood is a little too long to lock up into the ejection port, so the slide will not "close".
If that's the problem, there is nothing to lose sleep over... a little "fitting" is needed!

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
The last thing SIG would want is a "special" barrel for one P226 model. The cost alone would dictate that and the logistics complications just add to it.

TMK, any SIG P226 40 or 357 barrel will fit any P226 40 or 357 model...but some (like yours?) will require minor fitting.
Edit: I should research the "Loaded Chamber Indicator" requirements before making that definitive a statement.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had to take a couple thousands off the back of the hood of mine. Just let me know I had a good tight lockup. I am sure there are allowed variables in the specifications during manufacturing process. I you get a tight port and a long hood together you get this situation, although both parts are with in spec.

·
Premium Member
18,372 Posts
I'm betting that barrel would have ended up being a mighty fine fit in that slide. I would have started with a good hard push of the barrel into the slide, maybe even assisting it with a rubber mallet. If the barrel would have gone into position with a little gentle persuasion, it would have worn into a great fit by running a few rounds through it, nothing more. Oh well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts