SIG Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
15,029 Posts
Hello, I'm new to this forum and I'm looking for information about the vintage 20rd p226 mags. I've looked for any info I can find but can't find anything really definitive. Any info will be appreciated!
Welcome from the southwest corner! The magazines you are showing with the dovetail backs are German manufacture, from more than likely the mid to late '80s. There are probably some better historians here, on how long they were manufactured. These are more than likely longer than the current 20 round magazines, which are also made by Mec Gar, and use a different follower, that allows 18 rounds in a standard size P226 9mm magazine, and then uses a +2 floorplate, to hold 20 rounds.

I'm not sure where you could even find replacement magazine springs for yours, as Wolff does not list them. Mec Gar has replacements for theirs, but they use a differently designed spring.

Reactions: Firearms Collector

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info! I'm trying to find out as much as I can because the dovetail on mine is a bit different from the other dovetails I've seen, as mine has spot welds along the seam. Also, mine doesn't have the JP Sauer proof mark. Thanks again for the reply.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
. What does this mean? A later variation? Because the quality is amazing and I wouldn't say it was a counterfeit because I can't much concrete info on the swat mags period.
Maybe a later variation. They did spot weld on P226 mags, but they all had JP proof marks.
My thought was that maybe it's a later, American made swat mag that wouldn't get the jp cartouche...I don't know. I have seen photos online of spot welded, dovetail Sig mags with no cartouche but not a swat mag. These inconsistencies are the reason I started searching for info in the first place. Hopefully some guru with vast knowledge stumbles across this post and can shed some light on the subject.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.