SIG Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
P365XL/P226
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still learning about my P226 in 40/357 (have barrels for both calibers). Discovered that Sig makes a 15-rnd mag for these calibers. I’d like to ask who here has/uses them and your opinion? Seem to only be about $5 more than the 12-rnd mags.

Thank you.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,860 Posts
They are the equivalent to modern 20 round 9mm magazines. What you have is a design originally introduced by Mec-Gar, and adopted by Sig, and branded by them for more $$. The only hassle is when they stop locking the slide to the rear when empty. Getting the correct replacement spring from Wolff, or Mec-Gar, depending on their "era" of manufacture. Since Sig doesn't allow their vendors to compete with them with the same exact product.

·
Registered
22,410 Posts
The .40/.357 are 15-round, made from Mec-Gar 13-round with +2 extended base pad.

And SIG also often ships with guns 14-round mags made by Check-Mate Industries in the U.S. Made from 12-round with different +2 extenders.

Here is a post on how to visually identify them, along with part numbers.

·
Registered
P365XL/P226
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are the equivalent to modern 20 round 9mm magazines. What you have is a design originally introduced by Mec-Gar, and adopted by Sig, and branded by them for more $$. The only hassle is when they stop locking the slide to the rear when empty. Getting the correct replacement spring from Wolff, or Mec-Gar, depending on their "era" of manufacture. Since Sig doesn't allow their vendors to compete with them with the same exact product.
Thank you, looking around I see the Mec-Gar is significantly less expensive. Just have to wait and find them in stock :)

·
11,860 Posts
The .40/.357 are 15-round, made from Mec-Gar 13-round with +2 extended base pad.

And SIG also often ships with guns 14-round mags made by Check-Mate Industries in the U.S. Made from 12-round with different +2 extenders.

Here is a post on how to visually identify them, along with part numbers.
GBIA, I never realized Check-Mate also provided Sig extra capacity magazines too. I guess because I've had plenty before they started production, and being able to get Mec-Gar so much cheaper than Sig branded magazines, plus the "Anti-Friction Coating" to boot!

·
11,860 Posts
Thank you, looking around I see the Mec-Gar is significantly less expensive. Just have to wait and find them in stock :)
Sign up for notification when back in stock the best course of action with Greg Cote LLC, SIG SAUER MAGAZINES : Greg Cote LLC

If you already have any "Made in Italy" 12, or 13 round magazines, they also carry the +2 Floorplates, which wil;l add 2 rounds... DPS – DROP PROTECTION SYSTEM “PLUS-2” F42241-SET [F42241-SET (DPS)] - $10.95 : Greg Cote LLC

Reactions: Deputydave
1 - 6 of 6 Posts