SIG Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Observed my first match. Fairly sure I am hooked. Was advised to get a OWB holster for a variety of reasons.

Is anybody doing the same, and what are you using?

Thank you

Stephen

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I'm using my carry rig-Mitch Rosen leather from Sig. The OWB leather holster that has loops which lock over your belt and a matching dual mag carrier. If your ordering a holster from Sig, make sure you order the P239 holster as the one listed on their site is for the older P225 not the new one. If you call and talk to customer service, they will tell you the same thing. Been using this holster and mag carrier for EDC and IDPA and I must say that I love it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you are doing IDPA to be competitive you probably should do OWB. I use IDPA as training so I use my carry gear and I'm still reasonably quick. What were the reasons given for OWB? Again if you carry and want IDPA to be training I would use your carry gear, if not I would use whatever you feel makes you the most competitive. For OWB I really like my Comp-tac International Holster.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Agree. If you are going to play the game go with a OWB. If for carry practice, use your carry gear if allowed.

As for me, I use Comp-Tac. Great holster and better customer service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts