SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Second day shooting this new pistol. I'm very happy with it. The accuracy is superb. I had zero issues through 300 rounds. The trigger, grip and overall balance and feel is fantastic. Not really an issue but I will mention that the right side grip screws worked lose. Cleaned thoroughly and blue locktighted all the screws. This gun has a handy feel to it that I really like.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Great pistol. Ours has Siglite night sights and 5 mags. Very accurate shooter with near 1000 rounds through it.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Love the 225-A1. Next to my 229 SAS, my favorite, all-around SIG

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'm not trying to drift the thread, but my experience this week with my 225 A-1 is like the OP's.

I looked in the safe and decided I needed to part with some items for space. My 229 SAS and the 225 both are smaller than my 226 and full size 320 and can fill the same role. I thought maybe one of those should go.

Went to the range to put a couple of hundred rounds downrange with each in order to decide which one I liked the best. I came away still in love with both. The 225 is just dead accurate.

Maybe the answer is simple: get another safe!

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not trying to drift the thread, but my experience this week with my 225 A-1 is like the OP's.

I looked in the safe and decided I needed to part with some items for space. My 229 SAS and the 225 both are smaller than my 226 and full size 320 and can fill the same role. I thought maybe one of those should go.

Went to the range to put a couple of hundred rounds downrange with each in order to decide which one I liked the best. I came away still in love with both. The 225 is just dead accurate.

Maybe the answer is simple: get another safe!
Another safe would be my answer. I really like my P229 SAS 9mm and would never part with it. Fully loaded the P225A1 is noticeably lighter (7 less rounds) and is also slightly smaller and slimmer. I usually carry a G19 and wanted a Sig that would be similar in comfort level for carry. I do believe I've found that gun. I prefer the DA/SA trigger system. The G19 always seemed handier than the P229 with a simple IWB holster that I can clip on and off as needled or throw in my briefcase. I got the High Noon "Upper Cut" for it and it works great. For me the P229 requires an OWB rig.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Second day shooting this new pistol. I'm very happy with it. The accuracy is superb. I had zero issues through 300 rounds. The trigger, grip and overall balance and feel is fantastic. Not really an issue but I will mention that the right side grip screws worked lose. Cleaned thoroughly and blue locktighted all the screws. This gun has a handy feel to it that I really like.
What mainspring are you running? If you're running the original red mainspring, change that out and your P225A1 will be a totally different animal.

Mine has the smoothest lightest DA trigger of any DA sig I've shot (and I own a bunch). It literally feels like a knife through butter and now all my other sigs feel gritty. I don't know why, maybe I just got lucky.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I got one on a GB auction a few weeks ago and have not shot it yet. Mine had th contrast sights so I have swapped those out for XRays already. It's like a mini Legion now. Reading this scroll makes me want to get it out really bad.

Reactions: animalhd1

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got one on a GB auction a few weeks ago and have not shot it yet. Mine had th contrast sights so I have swapped those out for XRays already. It's like a mini Legion now. Reading this scroll makes me want to get it out really bad.
Get that bad boy out! What are you waiting on? Mine came with Sig night sights and I've always liked them. I've heard the term "mini legion" used before to describe this gun. I don't own a legion so I don't have a comparison on that. I know I'd be interested in a set of those grips for my P229SAS! Hogue really did a great job on these P225 grips.

·
Registered
371 Posts
What mainspring are you running? If you're running the original red mainspring, change that out and your P225A1 will be a totally different animal.

Mine has the smoothest lightest DA trigger of any DA sig I've shot (and I own a bunch). It literally feels like a knife through butter and now all my other sigs feel gritty. I don't know why, maybe I just got lucky.

What lb. spring to you out in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree. The 225A1 is a superb handgun.
Hodge, did yours come with the red mainspring? Just curious as mine did not. I'm thinking Sig must have used the red during earlier production to make it more like the original P6 but have since changed to a normal weight spring.

·
Registered
160 Posts

What lb. spring to you out in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My 225a1 came with the red mainspring. Not sure what the weight of the red spring is but it's super heavy-heavier than any other mainsprings. I replaced it with a 19lb Wolff. I actually bought a 10 pack of 19lb springs and replaced many of my mainsprings at the same time. I've been running a 17lb in my 226 sse for few thousand rounds and have had 2 light strikes (with questionable reloads) so I'm confident I'll get 100% reliability with the 19's. Both of my light strikes were during timed shooing competition and fired with a second strike. Good training if nothing else.

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
Hodge, did yours come with the red mainspring? Just curious as mine did not. I'm thinking Sig must have used the red during earlier production to make it more like the original P6 but have since changed to a normal weight spring.
I'll have to look and see.

Reactions: animalhd1

·
Registered
479 Posts
My 225 A-1 went to Robert Burke and came back with a flat wire spring. I do not know the weight of it.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My 225 A-1 went to Robert Burke and came back with a flat wire spring. I do not know the weight of it.
Flat wire mainspring or recoil spring? All 225s have the flat wire recoil spring.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts