SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped in at the LGS over lunch to pick up a couple small things. They'd just put a new P225a-1 out...nice G10 grips Sig medallion and great price. I love my 225 classic carry so I was very temped. Picked it up and the slide to frame fit was terrible...enough rattles there to make an old 1911 fan smile and say WTH.

Anyone ran across anything like this...

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Mine has some rattle but then again its rapidly approaching 9,000 rds......

Both of mine (when new) were typical SIG frame to slide fit. Remember that these are production grade guns with machining tolerances. Its quite possible to get a slide at the high end and a frame at the low end causing larger than normal rail gap.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Mine has some rattle but then again its rapidly approaching 9,000 rds......

Both of mine (when new) were typical SIG frame to slide fit. Remember that these are production grade guns with machining tolerances. Its quite possible to get a slide at the high end and a frame at the low end causing larger than normal rail gap.
That wouldn't bother me one bit after 9000 rounds. I expect better from Sig when brand new. It's not a Taurus.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya this guy was really out of the ordinary. My P225 classic carry slide/frame fit is great...nice and tight and zero issues. Have a number of other P series with my 229 just having gone over 5k rounds. Again zero issues with that one and still no rattles or looseness.

Barrel to slide lock up was fine so I'm sure it would shoot great but just couldn't buy it because of the rattles.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
mmiller, most American made SIGs I've handled, and the two I've owned, rattled. We are now told by people, many of whom apparently never owned the old Swiss or German guns or wish to promote sales of the US guns, that this is normal, even desirable. I never saw rattling sigs with obvious and crude file work, on slide and barrel before experiencing the American made guns. I miss the older "non-battle rattle" SIGs, but do admit to having one American made SIG. It was a gift, otherwise;)

BTW, added a picture of one of my old, obsolete German SIGs. Must be something wrong with it. Can't get it to rattle at all. This poor old thing surely can't be reliable like the swell new American versions;)

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
My 225A1 has a nice fit. I can honestly say, I've never held a Sig that rattled.
None that I have owned have rattled either until my latest Legion.

I just posted in another thread that the two Legions that I have one is tight and the other fit loose.

The CS Rep told me that some do rattle. As said though, none that I have owned before have....until now.
It is the slide rattling and it's a brand new gun.
The noise isn't the biggest problem though, it's the amount of movement I get when I push the slide around that is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sig accepts sloppy slide to frame as normal.

Recently picked my P225-A1 up. Sounded like a rattle. Literally!! Called sig and I was told by the customer service rep that that is "normal". She said she could pick any sig out of the case and it would do it. Now I own a 236 legion, P238, and a P938 and NONE do this.
After another call and a video with sound Sig sent me a label to return the gun.
I was told that the slide and frame are in tolerance but they performed a "courtesy slide adjustment". Well thanks very much I just spent $1000.
The gun was a little quieter but only God knows what they did. Whatever it was I am sure it wasn't good for a "New" gun.
So end result as I was told is this. "It is in tolerance you are just unfortunate to have received one that was at opposite ends of the tolerances so your gun has the most slop" Well that is just frikin great.
I mean wlould the C.O of Sig be happy picking up a gun that sounds like a rattle? Bet not! It really shows me how they care about their products and customers. Shouldn't they have QA/QC processes in place to prevent this?
To top it all off my grips came back with the stippling worn flat. Like it was slid across a table. I feel like cutting it up with a chop saw.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.