SIG Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to my LGS today and looked at the p225, now I'm thinking of trading in my p239 for the p225.... I loved how it felt and seemed to be a very well balanced pistol.......Decisions decisions

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Traded my 239 for a S&W 686, 357 Mag, then got a P225A-1 about a month later.

Like it better than the 239

·
Premium Member
7,598 Posts
I have often thought about how to go about purchasing a P225-A1, but I couldn't see getting rid of my P239, simply because the P225 is always/only a 9mm and my P239 is a 327 Sig, so it could be all three 9/40/357 ....... But dang does it feel good holding one :)

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
buy the 225 but don't trade the 239.
^^ That. I wouldn't trade a P239 for a P225A1 either, especially not if the P239 is a .40 or .357 - the multi caliber capability can't be beat.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
It's kind of an obsolete gun because of it's limited capacity, but dang are the ergonomics fantastic.
I would respectfully disagree with your first point and 100% support your second. I carry my '89 P225 often, and because of it's amazing ergos and shootability, I feel very confident with it to cover just about all the bases I can ever imagine realistically needing to use a sidearm.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bought the p239 .40 in the Dak. I just don't like the long trigger pull, I really thought I could get used to it but have not to this point. If it would have been a Da/sa I prolly could have changed the trigger out with a qrt.

·
Registered
19,525 Posts
SSP,

I've only carried my P225 on a limited basis, but I always seem to end up with the P239 on my side. Both carry 8+1. The P225 is my fav. P239 is slightly smaller. P225 has better ergos. P239 is easier to conceal. I always seem to choose the P239. Maybe it's because I'm so fond of the P225 I'd hate to be away from her in the event I had to use it and PD held it as evidence. I could always get another P239 in that situation.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
It's kind of an obsolete gun because of it's limited capacity, but dang are the ergonomics fantastic.
Yeh I don't see it that way either. I debated the P225A1 and the 239 for a while. Couldn't be happier with my new 225A1, it's a very handy feeling gun and the single stack mags make it easy to carry a spare or 2. Fully loaded it feels much lighter than my 229SAS 9mm. Whatever the difference really is, it feels substantial. I do concur on the ergos it's definitely my most ergonomic handgun period. I'm good with the 8+1 considering how well I can shoot it.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,635 Posts
I bought the p239 .40 in the Dak. I just don't like the long trigger pull, I really thought I could get used to it but have not to this point. If it would have been a Da/sa I prolly could have changed the trigger out with a qrt.
Lkwebb, you know, Sig will convert it to DA/SA for $199.95. I know that may seem high, but unless you fall into a cheap, but complete parts kit, to do it, the sum of all the parts required, at retail, appears to be a little more than that, plus they send you the "old" parts back, so you could sell them, if someone was interested. Plus Sig will insure it is "safe and functional".

·
Registered
108 Posts
Not obsolete here...

In the People's Republik of Kalifornia where we are limited to 10 round capacity, a single stack P225 makes a lot of sense

Given that, I would follow the excellent advise stated above and keep the P239 AND buy a P225!

·
Registered
496 Posts
The P225 A1 is a great pistol. Feels great in my hand and I shoot it well. Its now my EDC. I'm not a P239 fan at all so can't offer you much help on trading your P239 to a P225. I normally don't trade or sell any of my Sigs but I traded my P938 for the P225 A1. Can't be any happier...

Ron

1 - 17 of 17 Posts