SIG Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the new P225A Classic Carry out today, finally, for a range session.

While I really like the way the gun feels, it seemed a bit small for my hand as I am used to my P227, P228, P229 and P320's. However, once I started shooting all of those concerns went away.

Yes, it is small for my hand, but what a great shooter!

I fed it various types and weights and it ate them all without complaint. The first 8 mag's through it the slide was not locking back on the last round.

I figured my thumb was riding the slide catch, so with the next set I purposely moved my hand down a bit and the slide caught each and every time.

At range the gun shot very naturally to POA and grouped very nicely.

I have one complaint that I will be looking into how to fix. Those mag bases BLOW!

Literally, they are just the worst. I am going to see if I cannot fashion a new mag base that will be both more comfortable to put in place and to shoot with. Should be pretty easy to also get another round in there. I will let you know how it goes.

Reactions: muzzle

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a thread with two members trying different approaches to making new base plates

P225A magazine +1 or +2

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...gtalk.com/showthread.php?t=57253&share_type=t
Excellent, noted and following. Really would be a huge improvement in my mind.

Regardless, I am really sold on this Sig. Will be in my EDC rotation with the P320. I am considering the P225 my "Executive Carry" when where I am going is either business related or less sketchy parts of town.

Not that I roam about in the sketchy parts a lot really....:p

·
Registered
363 Posts
I want one! I was actually just talking to my gunsmith/ffl today about picking one up soon. But congrats and I'm jealous

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I concur that the P225A1 has something about it that makes the gun feel great in the hand and shoot well.

BG-looking forward to seeing how your base is coming. Life has not been kind to me as far as allowing me time to do my own R&D work.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am becoming somewhat ridiculously enammored with this P225!

I find myself going to it more and more as my EDC over my beloved P320's.

I am now pretty religiously carrying a second magazine which I did not do often with the 320's. I tended to rely upon the 14 rounds in my 357 version as being plenty. With the 225 I do feel like a second mag on the belt is needed/warranted. 9 feels light, 17 feels much better.

I shoot it every bit as well as I do my other guns through mid-size. It of course loses a bit against the full sized ones as range increases. But not a lot.

In handling I think it balances and handles much like, maybe a bit better than, my German P228. It is a real toss up between them.

The P225 will become my new "recommendation" for a great EDC for just about anyone. I think its size lends itself well to just about any size shooter. While the grip is a bit small for my hand, I do not find it too small and can quickly adjust to it after shooting my other wider gripped guns.

It runs just runs like a top!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.