SIG Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Watching a P225 on Gunbroker right now .Seems to be a bit of an enigma,atleast to me. Has a proof mark on the chin of KH(1997) ,but marked Made in Germany,listed as new old stock,2008,serial number M639***,Trijicon night sights marked 97 as well. Not sure if it is allowed to post a link to a current auction so I will refrain. I will add,I am not going to bid/buy this gun as it's not in the budget currently. Could it be a true factory FrankenSig?

·
P228 Sherpa
7,630 Posts
Hi All,
Watching a P225 on Gunbroker right now .Seems to be a bit of an enigma,atleast to me. Has a proof mark on the chin of KH(1997) ,but marked Made in Germany,listed as new old stock,2008,serial number M639***,Trijicon night sights marked 97 as well. Not sure if it is allowed to post a link to a current auction so I will refrain. I will add,I am not going to bid/buy this gun as it's not in the budget currently. Could it be a true factory FrankenSig?
Why do you think it's a FrankenSIG? It's 1997 gun with triple matching serial numbers.

·
P228 Sherpa
7,630 Posts
Btw, that's not NOS. Not even close. Check out the holster wear clearly visible. It might not have been fired post-factory, but NOS it's not. Not with the wear!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys.I knew something was off about it,just possibly a listing error,etc. It was late last night when I typed the original post and for some reason in my mind I expected 1997 to say W.German,not German which I know isn't correct as the 2 KH 228's I have are German and not W.German,but I was too lazy to open up the safe and look.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.