SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/879494485

Those who might be tempted to jump in on this P225 "NICKEL" thinking it's factory original might want to consider the following.

1- This one was from the 2009 (AK date code) batch of the last non-"German Police Pistol" P225s ever made. There were all black guns. No Nickel.

2- This one looks to have been Robarized with the NP3 finish. Reason I say this is because there was an AK date code P225 that was NP3'ed exactly like this a few years ago on GB. Too bad, I didn't save them pics at the time.

·
Registered
55,297 Posts
not the right case either!

·
Registered
55,297 Posts
Bear, case is correct for this last batch, as is the manual. Just missing the outer cardboard box.
thanks q, when the listing said no label, i thought they might've swapped for another case.

·
Registered
18,263 Posts
There’s a good chance I did. I left my laptop at work. I’ll be back on Wednesday and check.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Mine has the s/n 300 earlier (183) than this one, it's black, as all (I think) M 675's;

Somehow this gun has my attention;

Got offered a very attractive ERO (Early Retirement Option) this one 'might' fit the bill as a present to myself;

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
One has to admit that the ad on Gunbroker used some very crafty wording. Lots of implication, without actually lying. Someone will probably pay too much.

What did Robar charge for that type of coating?. I have never contemplated recoating a firearm, but it looks like they did a great job.

Reactions: black squirrel

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Was the "Frame Made In Germany" stamp also unique to this batch? I don't seem to recall seeing it on previos P225s, but my memory isn't what it used to be. Or did SIG start doing that when they started stamping the "DE"?

·
Registered
18,263 Posts
I believe that “Frame Made In Germany” mark was common for all the guns made during that timeframe.

·
Registered
18,263 Posts
The markings on the frame are laser engraved. I’m surprised how well you can see them given the refinish.

·
Registered
18,263 Posts
I'm curious how high the bidding will go on this given the refinish? It's currently at $599.

Here's a 2010 Polizei model (more desirable than the one Q posted) that sold for only $700. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/877464196. I expect at least a few bidders to be "fooled" by the nickel thinking it's a factory finish.

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^^^ Gun and only 1 mag. Nothing else. The only saving grace for this one is it's in near mint condition. Could have gone for much more, if seller had the complete package.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I believe that “Frame Made In Germany” mark was common for all the guns made during that timeframe.
I was asking about the markings as compared to all the other P225s. It looks like the "German Police Pistol" P225 that came after this batch also does not have the "Frame Made in Germany" marking either so this batch of P225s might be unique in that respect.

·
Registered
18,263 Posts
I was asking about the markings as compared to all the other P225s. It looks like the "German Police Pistol" P225 that came after this batch also does not have the "Frame Made in Germany" marking either so this batch of P225s might be unique in that respect.
I believe you're right.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/879494485

Those who might be tempted to jump in on this P225 "NICKEL" thinking it's factory original might want to consider the following.

1- This one was from the 2009 (AK date code) batch of the last non-"German Police Pistol" P225s ever made. There were all black guns. No Nickel.

2- This one looks to have been Robarized with the NP3 finish. Reason I say this is because there was an AK date code P225 that was NP3'ed exactly like this a few years ago on GB. Too bad, I didn't save them pics at the time.
Looking at bblr's screen grab, it looks like it is the same gun.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,263 Posts
^^^^

It is. That's what he was curious about. Amazing he remembered that gun from 6 years ago.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts